not sure if i am in denial of diabeties

syb

it will be 4 weeks this Wednesday that I was diagnosed with diabetes , previous to this I was a borderline for 2 years according to the doctors . and the first hbac1 I had last month stated I was just into a diabetic range 6.7 . but I am 5ft 4 inc and I was 18 stone in weight very obese,, and eat a lot of rubbish and comfort eating ,
well this kicked me so I came home come straight on this site asked and asked questions, researched . cut out all the rubbish , started eating food I didn't like , chicken , veg, very little fruit , hand full nutts , omelettes, breakfast I had to have my porridge but that was ok for me my bg raised but after 2 hours was back to a normal range , I have lost weight in 4 weeks fro 18 stone I am now 16.11 and I am actually taking walks about 4 times a week which is something I couldn't do without getting really exshausted ,,,,

but and this is a big but ,, I still don't think I am a true diabetic as my ranges are only in the 5s when I eat it goes up in the 6s then 2 hours later its back down again , im thinking if I loose all the weight and eat as I am doing I will not be a diabetic . maybe im wrong but this is what I am assuming or wishing ,

at the moment changing my diet ect I don't feel any different or more energy in myself , but maybe its only a month and early days ,

this site has been a very helpful site and I would recommend to anyone ,,, oh and by the way on the tv last night the chase game
with celebrities , joe pasquali gave 6,000 pounds to diabetic uk :D

C

catherinecherub

Hi,

I think that by getting helpful information early on in the management of your diabetes you are managing to control it.

If you are really thinking that you are not a diabetic then have a day eating carbohydrates in average portions and see what happens.

I think most of us will agree that we have had doubts at the beginning of our journey once we have managed to get things under control.

You might like to read this article, The Five Stages of Grief.

http://www.diabetesexplained.com/the-fi ... grief.html

syb

hi
thanks for the reply is that how I would find out for sure then , if I had a day on a normal eating , like potatoes , bread , porridge ect , and do my blood before food and after food ,,,,, interesting , I might do that for the day if that's how I can tell if im not truly a diabetic

thanks for the info

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
It sounds like you are only marginally diabetic and if you can get the weight down with a bit of luck you will have sugars in the normal range as long as you don't go mad with the carbs. Go low-carb for a while and keep portion sizes down to reduce your weight and see how it goes.