Novomix 30

sammyk

Haa anyone suffered nausea as a side effect of novomix 30 ?
Since starting it 2 weeks ago my husband is constantly feeling sick. Any ideas what to do ?
Pretty new to all this and its very confusing at times :-(

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I would suggest this isn't necessarily the novomix, but a reaction to his drop in BG.

when I was diagnosed I felt nauseous for about 10 days as my body re-adjusted to the new "normal" BG levels. As he gets his BG within the expected range and stays there the sick feeling Should pass. At least it did for me!

sammyk

Thanks hale. He was on glicazide tablets but with bg levels shooting up to 25+ he had to go onto insulin. Slowly coming down now and down to around 10 - 15. Still needs drop some more. Hope thats all the sickness feeling is from.

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A quick call to DSN should confirm, they'll know best if there is any concerns

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, just wondering how things are going now? Nausea gone?

Pilgrim22

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
animal cruelty
While I was on novomix 30, I too felt sick quite often. Now I am on novorapid and levemir, I no longer suffer from it.

sammyk

Sorry hale only just come back on here. Hubby is currently in hospital :(
Turns out a pancreatic stent he had done in feb had become dislodged and was making him very poorly. So looks like it was nothing to do with his novomix

Sammeh5678

Yes ! I was on Novomix 30 for 3 years before being moved onto a 4 injection a day routine. I would talk to your doctor immediately and possibly change insulin or delivery system :)