Now a Fitbit user

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
Just thought I'd let people know about fitbit. It's basically a very advance pedometer which connects wirelessly with my laptop and records things like steps taken, calories burnedm stairs climbed and miles walked. It's a tiny little thing which I clip directly on to my waistband. As I'm on a pump I seem to remember to clip it on at the same time so I'm not forgetting to wear it. If its clipped to your PJs at night it also monitors your sleep pattern. You can enter BP, 3 daily glucose readings and other things too.

Going a step further if you set up an account with myfitnesspal to record the food eaten it talks to the fitbit account and updates the record so it's a complete picture. The myfitnesspal database is massive so when I chose for instance aunt bessys croquettes (bit addicted to these at the moment) it work out the carbs and up to 5 other nutrients. I chose carbs, fat, protein, fiver and potassium.

It's a reall neat 'gadget' but for the moment it's keeping me on my toes and I'm walking a lot more at lunchtime to get my steps up. I had become quite sedentary before this. I have already noticed an improvement in my BS with the additional walks that I'm doing. Gets a :thumbup: for me.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Sounds good to me Riri :thumbup:

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks Riri

I've read about it before, but didn't know it did all that - might put it on my NewToys list ;)

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
:thumbup: get it on your Xmas 'wish list'. I got mine from amazon and, as my husband had already got one (he's not diabetic but is overweight and wants to improve his blood pressure), I had to order the slightly more expensive plumb coloured one - it's more pink really so a good choice for the girls. It was around £70 so they're not cheap but it does quite a bit IMHO. Well if it improves my BS i think it's money we'll spent.