Now I'm Scared.

susieg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
the confusion about what and what not to eat, provided by others who know it all!
I had a phone call just now from my surgery saying the doctor wanted to speak to me about my blood test I had this morning. She said my kidneys were 'borderline' and they recommend that medication be given to help them function properly.
Does anyone know what medication and why my kidney's are not working properly. My HbA1c was 7.3 last time and I am really trying to keep my levels down.

I am now terrified . :(

bethan90

Oh no. How old are you may I ask? I am 22 and been diabetic for 10 years now. The past year or so my kidney function has been reduced a little with the efgr going from 90+ to 75 and my most recent test showed 81. Because I am only 22 and my kidney function isnt declining rapidly they have told me they are just going to watch it for a while. Fingers crossed with you.

susieg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
the confusion about what and what not to eat, provided by others who know it all!
bethan90 said:
Oh no. How old are you may I ask? I am 22 and been diabetic for 10 years now. The past year or so my kidney function has been reduced a little with the efgr going from 90+ to 75 and my most recent test showed 81. Because I am only 22 and my kidney function isnt declining rapidly they have told me they are just going to watch it for a while. Fingers crossed with you.

I'm 63, but have only been type 1 for 2 yrs. perhaps it's an age thing too. I hope medication will help me live out the rest of my life in good health. I do so want to live long enough to see my beautiful grandchildren grow up. :/

leb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I was put on irbesartan about 7 years ago because my kidney function had decreased. I was 26 at the time. I still take the medicatuon daily but my kidney function has returned to normal niw and had been fir about 5 years or so. If its only the early stages it can be reversed. I kniw its scary but try nit to panic it is often ver treatabke x

susieg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
leb said:
I was put on irbesartan about 7 years ago because my kidney function had decreased. I was 26 at the time. I still take the medicatuon daily but my kidney function has returned to normal niw and had been fir about 5 years or so. If its only the early stages it can be reversed. I kniw its scary but try nit to panic it is often ver treatabke x

Oh thank you for your reassurance. I am scared but now I've read this I'm a little better :)

bethan90

leb it's completely back to normal? The GP told me medication would only keep it stable and it would never go back to normal.

leb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi bethan
Yep so im told. I asked my dsn my consultant and my gp and they all say my kidney function us nirmal. I was actually at my gp kast week and was talking to him about it as ive had severe retinopathy since march whuch has resulted in a vitrectomy so im paranoid about other complucations. He assured mewhen he looked again at my mist tecent blood test and urine test that it was nirmal. I was under the renal consultant for about 4 years byt he duscharged me saying there really wasnt any point in seeing him ynless things deteriorated afain so im guessIng as far as kudney function goes im ok fir now. Shame the sane cant be said about my eyes byt tgat a whole different story :-(

leb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Please excuse typos in previous podt my sight REALLYis pretty bad rught now :-/

susieg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thanks for all your help, I had a script from the GP today Ramipril 1.25mg daily. I hope this will set me back on track. apparently it won't cure-all but it'll help.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
leb said:
Please excuse typos in previous podt my sight REALLYis pretty bad rught now :-/

Don't worry leb, what you have written is perfectly clear. We all understand and wish you well x