now i'm told

lister

Dislikes
people with no sense of humor rude people (being 50 lol)
went to doctors because i had a bad fall and he said i was ok just the ongoing problems as usual i then queeried again why i have had numbness to my thumb and fingers on the left hand for over a year now and i was concerned i was told it's probably the diabetes :( i've also started to notice my sugars are starting to rise a little in the mornings i managed to get them down to between 4.7 and 5.6 now they seem to hover around 5.6 to 7.1 so have been keeping an eye on it had one hit at 11.6 but that was two hours after my dinner and will admit had a little pasta so recon it was just that meal.
anyway a little sad as i was doing soo well :( but not really suprised at the numbness thing though i kinda suspected it was due to diabetes.
still gonna stick to my regime though i am not going to be beaten. :D
Rob...

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Hi Rob! You haven't been around for a while - hope you're okay now after your fall?

Unless your blood sugars had been running quite high a lot of the time before you were diagnosed, I wouldn't have thought the numbness is due to the diabetes. I don't really know that much about it, though, and as you know I'm not qualified. In your place I'd keep pestering the doctor about it until he takes your question seriously! Are you left- or right-handed?

Do the higher fasting BGs coincide with your fall, or have you had any other sort of illness? BGs can rise with illness or infection, and with stress - including the physical, bodily stress caused by a bad fall.

Otherwise your BG reading are looking good - keep at it!

Viv 8)

lister

Dislikes
thanks viv,
to be honest my previous gp surgery diagnosed me a year prior and then told me i had no diabetes and then undiagnosed me this went on and on they also did not tell or treat my wife for copd that the hospital told her she has had for many years so we changed dr surgey last year but had the symptoms of diabetes for about 3 years before so really am not sure.
i am right handed yes my rise in sugars could coincide with the fall i didn't think about that.
other illnesses yes i have angina osteo arthritis spinabiffida occulta and degenerative spinal disorders. high blood pressure and arythmia (uncontrolled heart beats) MOT FAIL :D
i use a walking stick and often a wheelchair.
i am ok now since i fell thanks, i often lose my balance or legs so pretty used to looking a bit silly :lol:
Rob...

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi Rob :)
I'm afraid I can't offer you any advice, but I just want you to know that I am thinking of you and hope that things get better for you :)

lister

Dislikes
Thank you daisy you are so sweet,
getting better by the day,
my nephew has been round and talking me into letting him build a koi carp raised pond,
it sounds so nice i'm very tempted but a little worried about the looking after them. :)
how are you all doing good i hope.
Rob... 8)

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi Rob, the raised pond sounds nice. But beware of the CATS - they love fishing :lol:

lister

Dislikes
yep been getting the neighbours cat stting on my car for years, must like my taste in cars :lol:
am going to put a netting over the pond when its done so should be a deterent,
did my first cardiac perfusion test (think that's what it's called) have to go next week for more expansive test (stress heart with some drug or something) :(
still was my first time at southampton hospital and was amazed its like a shopping mall it had clothes shop a smiths a b king take away can't be healthy :)
sugars are up and down still and feeling very drained can hardly stay awake sometimes.
:?
Rob... :)

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Good luck with your test next week.
Hope your sugars stabilise soon and you feel less tired.
Me too I have trouble staying awake now. Having to get up very early these days.
D. :)

lister

Dislikes
Hi,
Just an update had the prefusion test and OMG i hope i never have that again it was realy awful,
still feeling bad today. :(
Rob...

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Hi Rob, sorry to hear of your recent fall and other problems its not fun when you feel drained and tired all the time. The numbness you experience could be diabetic neuropathy or it could equally be down to nerve damage due to your back problems. Perhaps that is something that can be investigated further after you get your arrhythmia probs sorted.

Hope you are feeling a little better soon.

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Rob,
Don't worry about the cats , it's the herons you have to worry about - they love Koi!!!

lister

Dislikes
Hi everyone,
well this morning feeling better getting over the test,
thanks sid you could be right either way just came on last year so i guess i'm not getting them back handy if you'r putting you're finngers in the wrong things :lol: .
i know what your saying fergus i had a visit from one when i first had my goldfish pond had to net the pond will probably do the same for the koi,
do you know much about the care of them as when i start i will be a begginer.

morning sue how are you as i said in the opening of this i am feeling better myself hope i don't have that test again. :|
Rob... :D

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
P.S. on herons , the b***ers can get through netting!!
P.P.S. cats help to keep the herons away <G>

lister

Dislikes
thanx fergus,
well i've been busy built pond part way got water pump and filter all up and running with a few of my goldfish and got it netted,
wife been really ill not eating etc..
but getting better (i hope)

Jenfy

FergusCrawford said:
Rob,
Don't worry about the cats , it's the herons you have to worry about - they love Koi!!!
And if you are near a river like us, Mink and Otters! I love wildlife but they loved our Koi jut a bit too much! Just take precautions and enjoy your Koi x

lister

Dislikes
Hi Jenfy,
not near a river but near a lake,
only seen frogs in my garden so far :)

Attachments

• 281650_139299866155228_100002256468733_283425_6462561_n.jpg
    281650_139299866155228_100002256468733_283425_6462561_n.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 431