Now switched to Humulin Kwikpen.

dave1961

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
HBA1C was 8.0, even taking Farxiza, so now on Humulin 1 for 2 weeks, 23 units a night.

Waking BG is around 3.9 - 4.1, during the day it's around 8.x

What I am finding is that I am extremely tired through out the day, I keep yawning, eyes are itchy, sleeping like the "dead"

Is this normal or should I mention it to my nurse.

Thanks.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

C

catherinecherub

Hi dave,

No experience of insulin and so hopefully someone will answer.
You are on a lot of BP meds which may be adding to your fatigue as some list tiredness as a side effect.
Best to see your HCP and get a medication review.

Reactions: 2 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Think either your night time dose needs reduced slightly or eat something small just to see you through the night. If you waking reading were about 5 or 6 mmol/L you'd have more energy. ps Dave that's some list of meds you're on...you're definately the Tablet King lol lol

destiny0321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
people who think nothing is wrong with you because they do not see blood or a plaster cast, i suffer with arthritis & use a zimmer & wheelchair but because they cant see anything wrong people assume nothing is wrong with you.
Hi Dave I am sorry I cannot help either as I am type 2 but just started on humulin 1 kwikpen only been on it 3 days, I am sure someone will be able to help you.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

stephiesut

I use Humulin kwikpen. Your morning readings sound low. How often do you use it? Id definitely mention it to the nurse as it might need adjusting. If its just the night dose they can change that. I was told the night dose affects breakfast readings. I take it before breakfast and before dinner now. If you are hypo ing overnight it can make you feel tired and rubbish all day. Definitely speak to tour nurse.

Reactions: 2 people