Numbness in left arm?

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I suppose there are a number of things that could cause numbness of the left arm but since one of them is heart trouble it might be a good idea to see your GP soon.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Jokeeble1987 said:
Anyone's suffer from this. I'm type 1 diabetic and have numbness in my left arm occasionally. Worrying me now.

Gp
Sent from the Diabetes Forum App[/q

Hi I'm sorry to hear of your arm, I haven't suffered from this, but I would think the best thing is to go and see your GP. Good luck

Best wishes RRB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Jokeeble1987 said:
I worry its heart problems :-(

Yes I would worry too if my left arm went numb but don't let that stop you from making the appointment to see your GP.

WhitbyJet

Jokeeble1987 said:
Anyone's suffer from this. I'm type 1 diabetic and have numbness in my left arm occasionally. Worrying me now.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Please see your GP asap, you have a worrying symptom there, even if it is due to heart problems, there is a lot that can be done nowadays to put things right again.
Dont delay, arrange an urgent appointment.
Good luck, and let us know how you get on, we are all thinking of you.

BobCornelius

Hi,

To answer part of your original question, I currently always have numbness in my left arm, but mine is caused by prolapsing discs in my cervical spine!

However, in line with other replies, have it checked out by your GP soonest, as it is one of the signs of cardiac issues!

:)

Bob

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Do get to your GP as soon as you can - it's also a symptom of stroke.

On the other hand, I think there is some way that high blood glucose can cause it. I don't know exactly how - I need Phoenix, as always! - but a friend's husband, who is typical male when it comes to visiting the GP (he won't :roll: ), had his left arm suddenly go numb. They went to A&E, where he was admitted - no stroke, but very high BGs and diagnosed Type 2. Apparently the numb arm was to do with the high BGs.

Don't ignore it.

Viv 8)