nutrition scales on offer at lidl

betic

i got some of these from lidl yesterday...cost 8.99 and seem to be quite useful for us low carbers....

Nutritional Kitchen Scales.

Calculates Cholesterol, fat, protein, carbohydrate, kilocalories, kilojoules and bread exchange.

. For calorie-conscious cooking

. Memory contains nutritional and energy values for 1000 foods.

. Accurate weight sensor up to 5kg (lbs and Kilos). Nutrition function optional.

. Auto switch off, auto zero function.

. Easy read display

. Change battery display. (Batteries included)

. Weighing surface made of safety glass

. Anti-slip rubber feet.

. Full instructions included

i am nothing to do with lidl by the way, but these seem real good value for the money as they are pre loaded with 1000 different foods, you cut yourself a piece of food, put it on the scales and it will give you the carb, fat , protein, kilocalories and cholesterol....weighs up to 5 kg so a handy set of scales as well...comes with batteries..and a good guide book with a list of all the pre loaded food stuffs in and how to use :D

Attachments

• scales_3a.jpg
    scales_3a.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 4,875

mooghly

What are the best universities for a nutrition major? Im currently enrolled at the University of Iowa, but they do not have a nutrition program. I was wondering what were the best schools for nutrition in the US?

frenchkittie

At the risk of perhaps being inundated with requests (gulp)...

I have a set of these scales, also bought from Lidl. I found that the listings for the codes, in food group order rather than alphabetical, were a real pain, and flicking through the pages of the booklet each time to find the right section meant that the scales often timed out before I found the code I wanted.

So I put together an alphabetical list of codes which is much easier and more intuitive to use.

If anyone would like a copy of the list, PM me your email address and I'll attach the file. The file is in MS Word format and ready to print, or if you prefer I also have an Excel spreadsheet file with the same information.

EDIT: Oops, just realised that the original post, and so the Lidl offer, was in January :oops: and the thread was "bumped" by the post above.

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
Thank you frenchkittie. :D

My husband has organised the list into a booklet for me so it makes using it all very much easier. 8)

I didn't realise that the scales have a memory facility for counting the whole of the day's carbs or whatever it is you are counting - which could also be handy when I can get my head round it. :roll: