Nutritional info on restaurants

ono

Well, I say "restaurants"... So I went to KFC and asked if they had nutritional info, the girl serving looked at me like I was speaking Ancient Greek. I just ordered and was quite annoyed, when I finished I realised the info was printed in the back of the placing mats. As I was leaving the place I very calmly pointed this to the girl, so she'd know in the future, but ended up having an argument with her and her manager because they saw it as passive aggressive and out of line. I was very angry and disappointed.

Reactions: 2 people

ono

This was me
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1430171261.514994.jpg

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I went to wagamama and they said there menu is online with the nutritional info, I think it depends from place to place.

JMM

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not many.
I have just discovered Weatherspons. They are absoluytely amazing. Apart from the reasonable prices, when asked they have nuyritional informstion leaflets covering everything they sell.

Reactions: 4 people

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well, I say "restaurants"... So I went to KFC and asked if they had nutritional info, the girl serving looked at me like I was speaking Ancient Greek. I just ordered and was quite annoyed, when I finished I realised the info was printed in the back of the placing mats. As I was leaving the place I very calmly pointed this to the girl, so she'd know in the future, but ended up having an argument with her and her manager because they saw it as passive aggressive and out of line. I was very angry and disappointed.

Vote with your feet. If that's the way they treat customers, no wonder they lose them :rolleyes:

Signy

Fayefaye1429

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Do you know you can download the info and there are apps for fast food places I ise one called UK fast food and includes gregge which info is no where to be found in the shops

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Most fast food places also have their nutritional info on the back of their tray sheets. You can ask for one if your going through the drive through as well.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the info well I just had more like some roasted chicken and the soup it came in and reading was not that bad.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

Charlie Tudgay

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have just discovered Weatherspons. They are absoluytely amazing. Apart from the reasonable prices, when asked they have nuyritional informstion leaflets covering everything they sell.
They also have everything on their website too, and always have free wifi!

SpikeThacker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i believe its a legal necessity that the chefs/cooks should know nutritional value of there food. i know we have carbs counting apps or books but that isn't the point,they should at least try and tell you..........protest with your feet,then post a complaint. when they appologise, and they will, you might get a free meal or 2 out of it and they will be more helpful next time you go in................THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT