FurryCub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Football
Hi all,

I had some blood test done today and they said theyd take a glucose at the same time as a routine thing. I thought it might be a chance to match it up with my meter, so tested myself too. This was about an hour after some muesli and I was at 11.6mmol. I thought it would probably go down ok as it was a bit early after food to test.
Just tested now 2.5 hours after a lunch that had 4 slices of bread in it and im down to 3.4mmol. I havent been that low since I was on Gliclazide, I'm only on 1000mg of metformin now.
So I'm just wondering if there could be any reason for the big fluctuation. My last HBa1c was 41, so otherwise I'm ok, just concerned that this is a change from my norm.

Ta

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
That is a big drop although a reading of 3.4 if not on insulin or BG lowering drugs is not too bad. My guess is that your liver would have kicked in and your levels will have risen since then. Failing that, it may have just been a dodgy reading, hands not clean or something. If I get a strange reading, I test again.

FurryCub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Football
Yea i thought it might have been dodgy, so I tested again. First reading was 3.7 second was 3.4. Just after washing hands and different fingers. It was up to 5.5 couple hours later with no assistance. Just seemed odd.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App