Olive pâté?

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have tried to make green olive pâté with olives, lemon juice and mashed garlic in a very small blender. It tasted good but the texture was chopped rather than pureed. Should I have put in some olive oil? Is a blender the best implement? Can anyone advise, please?

Peerless67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have a Sage by Heston Blumenthal, it just about liquidises anything that you put in it. I have never tried to liquidise olives though.

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Were you aiming far a tapenade?
Blender should be fine..
Recipe here..

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2013/sep/05/how-to-make-perfect-tapenade
Thanks, Peerless & Bulkbiker. I am aiming for a very emasculated tapenade, without the salty capers and anchovies. I have before now bought a kind of green olive dip from stalls in the south of France (at great cost!). My aim is to have a dip for my salad vegetables which would be virtually carb free, so sparing the hummus and peanut butter I am using at present. Inspired by the Guardian link, maybe I'll try using my lovely olive wood pestle and mortar next. The exercise will be good even if the pâté isn't!

Reactions: bulkbiker