OmniPod Any Good ?

MegaMan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not much I'm easy going :D
Hello, I've been away for a while but would like some info please. I gave my Accu chek combo back because I just couldn’t get on with it no matter how hard I tried, there were far too many occlusions and so much damaged tissue was occurring which in turn was causing the occlusion. So after a few years of no pump my Cystic Fibrosis team once again wanted me speaking with the a different Diabetic team, one who understands Cystic Fibrosis diabetes. They think they can fix the problem of the damaged tissue and suggested the Omnipod. This is the only pump they supply.

So my question is anyone who has experience with the Omnipod can you tell me your thoughts on it.

I am off to see my diabetic team tomorrow and will voice some of my opinions/concern’s because I don’t want to go through all the paperwork and hassle of getting another pump just for the same problems to surface again.

Thank you all for any helps.
:D

MegaMan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not much I'm easy going :D
Thanks for the info but this wouldn’t be a great idea, I already have a “port o cath” for intravenous antibiotics, scars from liver transplant, stoma scar and scars where draining tubes have been ect I’m not in a hurry for more things. I kind of feel like a robot right now. I did speak with the diabetes team today and they are now leaning toward a different pump. I’ve asked them if I can test a pump with saline for a while using different needles because the occlusions are what caused the problems. If we can get a needle that works then I’ll be on the right track. They thought this was a good idea, so I’m just waiting for them to sort it out. I expressed my feeling of not wanting to waste mine or there time, I told them we need to sort out the occlusion problem before we start all the paperwork and process of getting a pump again. I think they were keen on the Accu Chek combo again since I already know how to use it. I was very happy with how the meeting went. I’ll keep this thread updated as to how it’s all going.

Thanks again though for the reply. :thumbup:

Hi my sons been on the omnipod for a month now and we've been really impressed only one occlusion in that time and waterproof and easy to use, it's made a huge difference to his control as well as his confidence I can only speak as we find but definitely give it a go we did a saline trial or a week which was great for getting to grips with everything. My main bit of advice would be to get good bg readings every 2 hours day and night for a week with a food diary then the info you are putting in is as accurate as possible and you won't have too many tweaks after you go live with it good luck happy podding

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App