Omnipod

haylz2002

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Is there anyone that uses the Omnipod that could give me any advice on getting used to it or any helpful tips?

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am on a tubed pump so no advice for the omnipod...........

how long have you been on the omnipod.......?

is it something specific that's annoying you....?

haylz2002

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@mariposa84 :) does it hurt when inserting the cannula? When injecting the insulin doesn't hurt? I don't know what sites I should use when I get my pod :) I'm excites and scared

Reactions: 2 people

mariposa84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
It can occasionally hurt when cannula is inserted...but only for a brief moment and tbh I find it reassuring as I then know cannula is properly inserted. I have never felt anything while the insulin is going through the cannula. I tend to put the pod mostly on my abdomen and the fleshy bit above my bum. I have never tried it on my arm but have tried it on my thighs which was ok but I had a few problems so now try and avoid putting the pod there. Anything else? ☺

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

haylz2002

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Bit random but do you decorate your pods or leave them? Also can the cannula become loose?

mariposa84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Personally, I've never decorated one of mine (nowhere near creative enough!!) but seen some pretty cool designs that ppl have done online...seems pretty easy to do. I've not had mine on display so noone would see it if I did.

mariposa84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
The cannula can occasionally become loose...I recently had a very bad experience but must stress that's once in almost 4 years!! There's a cream you should be able to get from your GP it's called "Cavilon". My dsn recommended it to me and it really helps me. When are you getting your Omnipod?? If there's anything else you need to ask, especially during first few days, I'd be more than happy to help.

Tracey167

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi
How did you manage to get a omnipod, its just i'm looking at different options for me and my 11 year old daughter we both have type 1, and i don't want a insulin pump but have read a bit about the omnipod and i would like to find out where and how you can get one, is it funded by the NHS?

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
it will be funded by the NHS yes...........

you will initially need to ask at yours/hers clinic about it, they can then advise if you/her qualify for one..........then the process can begin.......

:)