On tablets any way to reduce sugars?

sue1959

I'm type 2 and my morning sugars are usually between 7-8( Dr OK with these) but the last couple of days they've been around 9-11. I'm trying to get back into low carbing but until that kicks in is there any other way to reduce them? Exercise seems to put my sugars up. 3hrs salsa dancing sends them rocketing. At the moment I'm tired, can't sleep and feeling really down, my age might not help either though I have been told I'm not in the menopause yet.

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Best way is to reduce carbs( which you know ) or vary exercise. You should try lower intensity cardio, this should reduce levels.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Have you adjusted your diet and exercise regime lifeboat?

B

badcat

Probably worth checking sugars before you exercise - if they're above a 9 or so exercise will push them higher, if they're too low ( below 6.5/7) then strenuous exercise will push them too low and the good old liver will release more sugar to prevent hypo

2christine

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
hi dawnmac ,have a look at the Newcastle diet forum, i carnt believe the difference its made to me.

JimArmstrong

I dont understand how excercise can increase sugar levels. It always brings mine down. A good run, bike ride or anything strenious drops mine. I figure , increased heart rate, more blood pumping, the system uses up the sugar in your blood stream.

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Depends on the exercise and the intensity. Also, if it is competitive, this increases levels in most. Lower intensity cardio is best for lowering levels.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I found the exact opposite.
I think it was a BBC programme, even 10 mins of high intensity cardio was shown to improve bs levels, and it also seems to show continued improvement for longer periods after the exercise.
I always ensure I at least double my heart rate on the treadmill, then move onto the rower, then some resistance work. Always lowers my bs.