Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Hi

With tears in my eyes I write this, I got my hba1c done yesterday alone with the lipid profile for cholesterol etc, I havent yet seen the results in black and white but my wife rang me, she has a print out from the doc with my results, well I have worked very hard at this since february and feel like i have saved my life (assuming i dont die whilst writing this post) my new numbers are

Hba1c 36 :shock:
Triglicerides 0.7 :shock:
hdl ratio 2.8 :shock:

in feb my hba1c was 106
triglicerides 2.9 (i think)
hdl 6.3

my bp was 250/150
now its 106/65 (avg)

im fitter beyond words

im so happy i could fly

I had already lost 2 stone mysteriously before dx and since then lost another 4 stone and now maintained it for months

I have been low carbing, completely ignoring calories and eating lots and lots of FAT, I have pretty much ignored every word the doctors and nurses have told me and learned everything I know from the good people on the site and random internet searching but mostly here, there have been a few particular people that have helped me, my good friend WhitbyJet to name the first with amazing advice and even more amazing recipes and far too many to name individually, but you know who you are giving me daily advice and encouragement along the way, I really do mean it when I say I couldnt have come to where I am now without you all, you are simply amazing

i found my first post from february.....

Hello, I'm sorry I haven't read many posts and I apologise if this has been asked before, I was drinking like a fish and wife made me test my blood, my number was 24.9 so I rang the out of hours doctor who saw me and said I had something in my blood and I had to go to a&e I spend most of last night up there and they have said I have high blood pressure 250 over 150 and have now put me on metphormin and some blood pressure capsules, I have basically eaten nothing much today because the doc said I can't eat sugar at all, I can hardly even read anything on the net, it's all bad, the more I read the worse this seems, I'm 42 and never been I'll I'm my life..... I'm totally freaked out and life seems to have been turned upside down, I have 2 wonderful kids and could do with seeing them grow up, can this be a mistake? Can blood sugar just be a blip, could I go to the docs and he say it's all fine? Sigh I'm sorry I'm rambling, if this isn't a bad dream......is life liveable with this?

I post this because im was in a bad place and you all brought me out of it

I am sorry if this sounds like a speech it isnt meant to its meant to be a "Thankyou" and a "You can do it!" because you really can, I may be lucky and havent been through what lots have and are going through, but I know with eachothers help we can get through this, whatever it is

From the bottom of my heart Thankyou all!!!!!!!!!!!!

now lets see how well i can do......

Reactions: 2 people

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Well flippin' done mate! :D

A real testament indeed to all of your hard work that has paid off in a big way ! :wink: Treat yourself to a big low carb yummie cake over the weekend as a reward (Just make sure it doesn't land up frosting side down on the kitchen floor this time eh? lol )

Well chuffed for ya ! :thumbup:

WhitbyJet

Fantastic result, I am so proud of you, tears in my eyes as well. You are an inspiration Andy, thanks for sharing your good news and progress.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done you should give yourself a big pat on the back. It's hard work changing your lifestyle as we all know but with results like this it is an inspiration to anyone struggling at the moment once again well done !!!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

smartlady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Omg, that is amazing huni. Only my second ever post, but I've been following you all for a while & I'm so pleased for you. Truly amazing figures. I can only hope that eventually we all end up with such great numbers. Well done :clap:

Signs

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Awesome success story mate. Well done you. It's great when all the hard work pays off. :thumbup:
Currently struggling myself to regain fitness after some issues and know how hard it can be to stay focussed.
Like yourself I'm extremely grateful to the unsung heroes on this forum who offer their help so willingly.
John

Pez68

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Arrogant people
Nice one pal excellent result well done!![SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]

K

Kat100

Congratulations Andy...you have done really well, so pleased for you....have a great weekend you so deserve it best wishes Kat x

Bluebell13

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
What a wonderful posting, Andy, and living proof that doing all the right things really does pay off. You truly are an inspiration to us all. All your hard work has paid off so give yourself a little treat and a big pat on the back.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Thankyou all soooo much :)

But the credit rest heavily here, without the forum i would never had known about low carbing or that questioning the doctors advice was conceivable or the answers to all the many questions answered by wonderful people who cared enough to help a total stranger

zaphod37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudice and bullying
Andy I just have to say that's one hell of a good result! Nice recovery, well controlled and scored a well earned goal. Keep up the awesome work.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: 8)

Mark

Netty70

Well done andy
Your family must be so proud of you as am sure we all are on here I for one am very proud of you and you should be of yourself
Well done shame you can't post a before and after pic that's a fab weight loss :)

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
had to ruin the quality dunno if this will work but here goes

Attachments

• after3.jpg
    after3.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 496
  • before2.jpg
    before2.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 501

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
eww i should have paid more attention as to which photos i chose lol i do look weird, i wasnt expecting it to work so didnt choose my best side lol

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
U photoshopped that didn't u andy :lol:

Seriously though, thats a massive difference (and weight gone) can u give me some haha

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
lol imagine how i looked before i did it :lol:

i still have some belly fat if you want it ill email it to you i really dont want it anymore :)