1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

One Touch Verio meter

Discussion in 'Blood Glucose Monitoring' started by fictionuk, May 26, 2015.

1. fictionuk

fictionuk Type 1 · Newbie

Just recieved my new One Touch Meter and I must say that i'm very impressed with it...BUT...it is taking me on average 5 or 6 tries to get a result. On a couple of occasions it has taken at least 10 tries to get a result. I have tried many different ways of applying the blood to the strip (as per instructions) but still the same problem.

'fill strip error. Use a new strip'. Now, at this rate a box of 50 strips is going to last me a few days and at 20 quid a pop I don't think my GP is going to let me put a 'script in every 4 or 5 days.

Its a shame as I like the meter and its functions but this problem and i'm more than sure it isn't me (been testing for 25 years) thats messing it up pretty much renders the meter useless.

Just wondering if anyone has had the same problem ?

Back to the good old Acu-check for me. Reliable, easy to use and I DON'T have to to fiddle about getting the strips out of a small round container. Oh and it works every time.

The pic below is the result of trying to get a result. 10 attempts....

Dean DSC_0008.jpg

2. dancer

dancer Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I would contact Lifescan and tell them what's been happening. It could be a faulty meter, so they'll probably send out a new meter and strips.

3. fictionuk

Thanx for the reply, yeah that sounds like a good idea. If its taht critical with the application of blood, thats going to make it a bit troublesome.

Anyway, thanx again :)

Dean

4. Diamattic

Diamattic Type 1 · Well-Known Member

If i were you i would look for a new meter,this one clearly is not working out for you.

Try the Abbott Freestyle insulinx meter - I have been using it for just over a year and its very good, and allows you the chance to re-apply blood to the strip if the first attempt was no good - it gives you an extra 1 minute to reapply before giving you an error. This is super helpful if you mess up, it doesn't waste a strip.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Claire007

Claire007 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I'm a newbie to all this so its the only meter I know! I did have a few problems, like you initially, and had several failed attempts but now I'm doing ok ( although it randomly read my blood as control solution last night)

I find holding the strip at an angle helps ( but maybe you do this for all of the monitors?) sorry not much help! For me it was a case of getting an ample sample of blood too.

6. fictionuk

Thanx the input. I contacted customer care and went through the directions from the agent but it still gave me problems with 'errors'. They did send me a new meter etc but by then I was onto using the 'Bayer Contour NEXT USB' which has been brilliant. It does pretty much as the VERIO meter and its smaller.

Anyway, thanx for the replies and imput from you, again, thanx

D

• Like Like x 2
  7. PatsyB

PatsyB Type 2 · Well-Known Member

sounds like a faulty meter to me I also use and no problems :)

8. shaggy1974

shaggy1974 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I've just binned my one touch verio(not the iq version that you have). A shame really cos I love the screen and how it's presented (clips into its case) but there seems to be a lot of people having quite a few problems with these meters. Mine was giving me higher readings(sometimes as much as 3 mmol/l more than my freestyle,aviva and conour.

I'm now back using my aviva.......my Dr will be pleased:D

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook