1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Online 3 year licence application

Discussion in 'Driving and DVLA' started by Paulkennedy, Jan 11, 2022.

1. Paulkennedy

Paulkennedy · Member

I applied yesterday to renew my 3 year medical licence. Did this 3 years ago 90 days in advance and it went smoothly. I accidentally got my licence expiry wrong by 2 days so I applied 92 days early. Eventually got through to dvla today and they say they have no record of application. I did receive a confirmation email from noreply.fitnesstodrive@dvla.gov.uk saying Thank you for your recent application.

We will contact you shortly and let you know how your application is progressing.

Please do not reply to this email as you will not receive a response.
    Does it take a few days for them to receive info as it says online that if you send it in they are dealing with it in real-time and will have a record.

2. Rokaab

Rokaab Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I recently did mine (ie sent it off about a week before Christmas) - I heard nothing else until I received a letter saying it'll be with you soon and a letter with the license on the same day about 3 weeks later.

3. Paulkennedy

Paulkennedy · Member

Thank you, I was worried I did it to early as expires 12th April . I thought it expired 10th so is out with 90 days. Hopefully it will be fine, thank you for taking the time to reply.

4. Hopeful34

Hopeful34 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I sent mine off 16 December, but haven't heard anything yet.

5. Paulkennedy

Paulkennedy · Member

Thank you, I will keep checking online to see if it updates one day Displays issue and end date. Thanks for taking the time to reply

6. Rokaab

Rokaab Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Was it online, or by post, online is much much much faster currently apparently (mine was online)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Paulkennedy

Paulkennedy · Member

Online did it as a renew medical licence

8. Hopeful34

Hopeful34 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

By post as I have more than one medical condition, so you can't do it online.

9. Sarah69

Sarah69 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I sent my renewal form off in May last year and only just recently they have sent a form to me and my doctor regarding mental health. Not sure why though!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook