Online health food shop

Sharon68

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Can anyone please recommend a good online health food shop. I am struggling to find one on the high street here that keeps things like coconut flour, flax seed meal, almond flour and the like

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Low Carb Megastore keeps most low carb ingredients and sends them promptly. P&P is a bit high so it's worth ordering everything at once.
Hana

WhitbyJet

Sharon, if you cannot find these in supermarkets or H&B, try ebay, I get most of my supplies from there.

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Aldi now do ground linseed in a few varieties if that helps, third of the price of holland and Barrett,

Sent from my KFTT using DCUK Forum mobile app

Emmerdale

Hi, healthysupplies.co.uk the service is superb and they do exactly what they say,ive been using them for about 2 years .last buy I made was a tub of coconut oil , they seem to have everything

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
There is plenty of healthy food in every supermarket, be aware that almond flour is very very very high in fat and therefore also calories.

One slice of a cake made from almond flour may be very low in carbs and have little or no affect on bg levels but it is also very high in calories. So if like you are trying to lose weight or like me trying to sustain weight loss already achieved you need to watch the calories you eat just as much as the carbs you eat.

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Tesco stocks soya flour? How does that stack up for low carbing? In selected stores I've also seen brown rice flour.
I've used both to cook with, varying results, but I'm not clued up enough on carbohydrates, I tend to cut flavour enhancers, trans fats and cut out what i generically class as "****" from my diet.

Sent from my KFTT using DCUK Forum mobile app

Sharon68

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you all for your replies, will have a look around the suggestions. :thumbup:

Sid I am aware about the calorific content of almond flour, was only planning on using a small amount in the minute muffins to satisfy that occasional sweet tooth, just means an extra 10 minutes on the treadmill to compensate :roll:

Our nearest big supermarket is a 20 mile round trip although Tesco open next week in a town near by :clap: (sorry, bit sad clapping Tesco!) so just thought it might be easier to buy the more unusual items online (never even thought of ebay!)