1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

only 10 kilos to go

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by hanadr, Jul 12, 2012.

1. hanadr

hanadr · Expert

i used some of the helpful hints from you lovely people and I've managed to lose 1 kilo this week. Weighed by the gym instructor!
    That means that I have only 10 kilos to go to get to a BMI of 25. This I think is low enough for a woman of my age. I wouldn't want to be too scraggy and i think my 65 kilos at age 21 isn't attainable any more.
    Hana

2. noblehead

noblehead Type 1 · Guru
    Retired Moderator

Keep it going Hana :)

3. claymic

claymic Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Good luck Hana!!! :)

4. chris lowe

chris lowe · Guest

Well done Hana, you can do it! Know what you mean though about weight when 21. I'm not too up on kg and metric but when I got married at 19 I was just under 6 stone and could eat anything I wanted without adding weight on, now I only have to look at biscuit to add on a couple of pounds. :lol:

5. Defren

Defren · Well-Known Member

That's brilliant Hana, you deserve it. Even though to have been on a plateau for the longest time, you kept plodding on. So excited for you. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

6. Mileana

Mileana · Well-Known Member

7. MaryJ

MaryJ · Well-Known Member

Brilliant Hana

Mary x

8. starlight1

starlight1 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

well done hana :clap: :clap: :clap:

9. Spiral

Spiral · Well-Known Member

Brilliant to get it going again:mrgreen: I've been stalled for a while :( Keep it up :clap:

10. hanadr

hanadr · Expert

Chris
    at 21, I was just over 10 stone and had to watch what I ate. I must have hit 6 stone by the time I was about 10.However I was 5ft 3in by then.
    I just read a piecce in the current "New Scientist" about our perception of healthy weight. Seemingly, the "beauties" of classical paintings have an estimated BMi approximately 25 - 30. Current Supermodels are more likely to be about 15 - 16. However some of those women have serious fatty livers, which is definitely unhealthy. So Rubens's generously pear shaped models would probably have been healthier. apparently pear shaped is Good!. I'm NOT pear shaped :(
    Hana

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook