Oops

Clairslloyd

Have had a really bad day and eaten lots of sweets. Dread to think what my reading is now but it was 9.5 about 4 hours ago and have eaten loads since :cry: . Lots of bad news re my health, got to have an xray on my knee (something to do with cartilige but not sure what) and other womens things :oops: so am quite fed up of all of it. And on top of that have been put on Gabapentin for my back and also an increase in my bp meds. So sorry to be moaning but hubby doesnt quite understand how I feel!!! Hopefully tomorrow will be better day :)

angieG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry to hear you are feeling a bit down. But hey, we can't be happy all the time and behave...life is not like that.
Relax this evening, have a good night's sleep (if you can) and tomorrow is a new day with better levels and today will be forgotten. Just try not to carry on the same tomorrow!!
Good luck
Angie

JUSTFOCUS

Dislikes
Scrooge . People who are always feeling sorry for themselves . The NHS . The benefit agency .Atttention seekers on forums or chat rooms.
yep we all need our little break from diabetes .Claires fill your boots and try again tommorow what do you think it's like for me i can't spee speh sp sle spell i'm having a good day :lol: :lol: :lol:
:wink: :wink: :D

Malc.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Clair...
Sorry to hear of your 'bad day', hope tomorrow will be better...
Re: 'husbands', I've been one for almost 40 years and my wife still doesn't understand me... :lol:

Regards, Malc. :)

angieG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If it's any consolation yesterday I felt 'compelled' to try a Jaffa Cake bar after eating a sandwich....I have no idea why as I had read the label beforehand but carried on regardless.
Sitting on the Isle of Man to Liverpool ferry feeling the nice soothing motion and a level of 11 was not conducive to trying to stay awake and read the newspaper I can assure you!!
We do strange random things at times but that makes the world a more interesting place doesn't it!!??
Best wishes
Angie

Clairslloyd

Thank you for your post malc. Am so jealous that your readings are so good. Have spent a few weeks denying that I have diabetes and have eaten and drunk what I normally would (pre diabetes). Pretty much low everything as my diet wasn’t good and consisted pretty much of nothing :( (not a very good appetite) so was devastated with the dx of diabetes although I did tend to overindulge in chocolate - especially galaxy - so yummy when dunked in a cup of tea (oh nooooo - good job I haven’t got any :lol: ). As for hubby, I think I was feeling a bit peeved that he was at work and I had no-one to help me on a bad day (I love him loads and he is my soul mate). AngieG I do agree that change does help and love the idea of going on the water for some peace, I do find that I get a severe headache and feel sooooo tired when I do over do it so I do try to be good, but after going to the docs I felt so low and I had no willpower whatsoever (ah boo). I thank you both and all the previous posters' for all their help. You have no idea how much it means and how you make me feel :D

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
And you still took the time and trouble to send me a caring and supportive post, despite being down yourself!

Don't worry, Claire, it happens to us all from time to time. You'll get on top of it again. Onwards and downwards - the BG levels, that is!

Viv 8)

Gappy

Dislikes
hypocrisy, prejudice and the corrupt legal system (never got compensation I deserved from an accident)
A bad day? I am being responsible and making changes etc but diabetes is a 6 day a week illness! I can still be bad on Saturday nights! (Ok well bad in moderation) so your bad day is ok as that's the day diabetes takes off!

(disclaimer: I still can't find the research saying it's only a 6 day illness!)