Approved Opinions on digital monitoring and personal life/privacy

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hello all!

I’m a psychologist and PhD candidate. I’m working on identifying what people living with diabetes think about using digital monitoring (wearable sensors, smartphone apps) as part of their usual care. Specifically, which aspects they would find intrusive in their personal life, and which aspects they'd find reassuring.

If you're an adult, have type 1 or 2 diabetes, and have 10-15 minutes to spare, please participate in our international online survey (by Paris-Descartes University, France & Mayo Clinic, USA): https://clinicalepidemio.fr/diabete/en/

If you're not eligible, please help us by sharing the study website link on social media, with friends and family who may be interested.

The study has an ethics approval, it was developed in collaboration with french people living with diabetes, and over 600 people have already participated. When the project is finished, you’ll be able to access a summary of our findings on our study website (I’d be happy to post it here too).

Thank you for your help!

Last edited by a moderator:

Grumpy ole thing

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
discovering you cant actually turn the stairs round, or move the roof...
Started this, but stopped as the options are not relevant to me and there it is not possible to continue without selecting one of the options.