Opinions please

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Opinions please
I was sent this link from a womens group I belong to and when I read it, I wasn't vwry happy about it. I sent it to David Mendosa, who also wasn't impressed. Trouble is several of the women's group have said how helpful they found it. Fergus and diabeticgeek will certainly understand why I find it worrying. and can anyone remember what the non-diabetic BSs are before and after meals? I've long forgotten
http://tinyurl.com/5c8hvh
The link isn't good, try cut and paste to your browser if you are interested

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
Try cut and paste to your browser
Hana

fergus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi Hana,

My understnding is that healthy non-diabetic blood sugars are normally maintained between 4.5 and 5.5 mmol/l with occasional swings down to 3.5 or up to 9 following a shedload of carbs.

I haven't got the link to work so I can't comment on that.

All the best,

fergus

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi Hana, if you don't mind telling the community, why did the information contained on this link annoy you? Think it would be good for everyone to bring it into the open. Regards, Admin

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
It gives very high figures for "normal" sugars (It's American, so i did a bit of x 2 x9 and /2 /9 converting) I didn't like the dietary advice. It was the old High carb stuff and it said not to eat meat and recommended herbal supplements.Which I'm sure it's selling.
is that enough?
However, I did receive some fabulous photos from David Mendosa of his hike in the mountains above Boulder CO yesterday, after I sent the link to him.

DiabeticGeek

Hmm... this is mostly fairly bad advice, although I have seen much worse! It is essentially the standard "high carb" diet, as recommended by medical textbooks, and espoused by Diabetes UK and the ADA. The difference is that it adds a lot of new age hokum about everything from herbs to crystals and, of course, aromatherapy and massage. These things are unlikely to do you much harm, but they won't help your diabetes much!