Or rile time

Clarence

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
TV
In 2012 I was told I had emphysema!with lung capacity of 38%percent,the long term outlook is very poor,this was due to smoking when younger,in 2013 I was told I had a very rare condition,never heard of it before.its called myasthenia gravis,this is a or rile condition,the brain sends messages along the body's nerves,in my case I have a chemical Lin my system which blocks the brain signals,therefore the mussels do not work get tired and lazy,for this I have to take a pill every four hours,day and night 24/7 I can miss I pill without to much bother but if I miss or am late with the next pill then I have major problems,there is no cure,in June 2014 I was told due to the meds I already take I had T2diabetas and need insulin four times a day,as I have to be awake every four hours to take meds it's ideal to test my sugars,I do loose sleep but make up for it during the day,and my new ipad is a blessing!anyway there is no choice but to carry on with things,did not mean to bore anybody,you will find the myasthenia gravis site a interesting read,regards to all

Reactions: 4 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh wow Clarence you have such alot going on. Take care​

K

Kat100

In 2012 I was told I had emphysema!with lung capacity of 38%percent,the long term outlook is very poor,this was due to smoking when younger,in 2013 I was told I had a very rare condition,never heard of it before.its called myasthenia gravis,this is a or rile condition,the brain sends messages along the body's nerves,in my case I have a chemical Lin my system which blocks the brain signals,therefore the mussels do not work get tired and lazy,for this I have to take a pill every four hours,day and night 24/7 I can miss I pill without to much bother but if I miss or am late with the next pill then I have major problems,there is no cure,in June 2014 I was told due to the meds I already take I had T2diabetas and need insulin four times a day,as I have to be awake every four hours to take meds it's ideal to test my sugars,I do loose sleep but make up for it during the day,and my new ipad is a blessing!anyway there is no choice but to carry on with things,did not mean to bore anybody,you will find the myasthenia gravis site a interesting read,regards to all
Well you have not bored me...sorry to hear about your awful neurological condition ....you must have to take a a lot of medication to keep smooth muscle control ....I am sure this can be very upsetting and disabiltating for you to,control at times ...because you just don't know how you are going to,feel ....what medication do,you take ? Can't be easy to eat when you always want to if you are experiencing muscle problems ....
You have a lot to contend with ....share and chat here as much as you need to ...take care ...best wishes Kat x

Clarence

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
TV
Well you have not bored me...sorry to hear about your awful neurological condition ....you must have to take a a lot of medication to keep smooth muscle control ....I am sure this can be very upsetting and disabiltating for you to,control at times ...because you just don't know how you are going to,feel ....what medication do,you take ? Can't be easy to eat when you always want to if you are experiencing muscle problems ....
You have a lot to contend with ....share and chat here as much as you need to ...take care ...best wishes Kat x
Thanks yes it can be a problem at times,but you can't give in the meds for me are also a problem I take 16 pills in the morning onother 8 at night,the worse being the steroids for the mg,it has a slowing effect on the insulin and my repeat at the chemist is 6 pages long with 28 items,take care

K

Kat100

Hi Clarence
You have a lot to,cope with , feel,free to share anything you need to on this site there is lots of support about ...
My view is that you are amazing in just coping with all you have to deal with....lots of pills are never easy ...and you do need a lot of medication .
Hope you make the most of the respite times you get when symptoms are controlled ....is there anything you enjoy doing ....as a sort of hobby or just distraction ...I appreciate that you must get tired as well though....

You have shared a lot I think,sharing always helps ....best wishes ....Kat

Clarence

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
TV
Hi Clarence
You have a lot to,cope with , feel,free to share anything you need to on this site there is lots of support about ...
My view is that you are amazing in just coping with all you have to deal with....lots of pills are never easy ...and you do need a lot of medication .
Hope you make the most of the respite times you get when symptoms are controlled ....is there anything you enjoy doing ....as a sort of hobby or just distraction ...I appreciate that you must get tired as well though....

You have shared a lot I think,sharing always helps ....best wishes ....Kat
We'll I don't do to much really,I am the cArer for the wife74who has chronic asthma and c pod and oxygen 16 hours a day,so I do the meals and other stuff just to keep things going,I have a kindle reader and like to read war novels,murder mysteries,can't stand TV except the news,I was for many years registered with the home office as a radio monitoring station,including the Far East,and Falklands but enough of that but I do miss it regards

K

Kat100

Hi Clarence , don't do much, are you sure about this .... :)
Main career for your wife as well, even though I am sure it is team work. ;)
You do lots ...

I to love reading , there are a few readers on here......always love to chat about a book ....
Tv, well I good drama or thriller if there is a gripping one on....
The news....yes good to know what is happening in the world ...

About all your home office work in the far East and Falklands ....yes lots of people would love to hear...
You could write your own thread in general chat ...a kind person named bill used to share....all very interested...
More people will love your life story than you imagine .....

Look forward to chatting to you anytime ....best wishes Kat

Clarence

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
TV
Hi Clarence , don't do much, are you sure about this .... :)
Main career for your wife as well, even though I am sure it is team work. ;)
You do lots ...

I to love reading , there are a few readers on here......always love to chat about a book ....
Tv, well I good drama or thriller if there is a gripping one on....
The news....yes good to know what is happening in the world ...

About all your home office work in the far East and Falklands ....yes lots of people would love to hear...
You could write your own thread in general chat ...a kind person named bill used to share....all very interested...
More people will love your life story than you imagine .....

Look forward to chatting to you anytime ....best wishes Kat
Hi kat we'll can't say to much about the radio days still in the secrets act,but yes I like reading also it's about the only thing I can do to relax,I have a kindle reader and it's full of war novels,murder and spy stuff,I get a lot from amazon,some can be very cheap,afraid my pic did not come out to well for me so will try to do something better you take care regards ClarenceClarence

Reactions: 2 people
K

Kat100

Hi kat we'll can't say to much about the radio days still in the secrets act,but yes I like reading also it's about the only thing I can do to relax,I have a kindle reader and it's full of war novels,murder and spy stuff,I get a lot from amazon,some can be very cheap,afraid my pic did not come out to well for me so will try to do something better you take care regards ClarenceClarence
Hi Clarence
Your picture looks just fine ....
Reading is a great way to,relax ....I love going into charity shops to find books ....I read all sorts , romance war thrillers history ....I like a really good mix ....
I have used amazon as well , just great to,find an on line offer....now you are far advanced than I am with your kindle....
I was given a nook by my kind sister , and I still have not used it ....I must try ....I have not been able to give up the feeling of a paperback book yet.
The offers come through to buy and I must get organised at some point...to try the nook out....like a kindle I am told...
If I remember there are a few book reading threads on the site ....always worth a read .... ;)
Anyway how has your weekend been ....???we have had last night and this morning with no power, the only house in the village without ...cause unknown .....??? Hope it stays on now ....amazing what we miss and can't cope without ....it was candles and a flask last night ....
Hope both you and your wife are having a pleasant weekend .....
Chat soon....hope you can tell me a secret soon ....I won't tell promise ;) ..... Best wishes Kat x

Clarence

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
TV
Hi Clarence
Your picture looks just fine ....
Reading is a great way to,relax ....I love going into charity shops to find books ....I read all sorts , romance war thrillers history ....I like a really good mix ....
I have used amazon as well , just great to,find an on line offer....now you are far advanced than I am with your kindle....
I was given a nook by my kind sister , and I still have not used it ....I must try ....I have not been able to give up the feeling of a paperback book yet.
The offers come through to buy and I must get organised at some point...to try the nook out....like a kindle I am told...
If I remember there are a few book reading threads on the site ....always worth a read .... ;)
Anyway how has your weekend been ....???we have had last night and this morning with no power, the only house in the village without ...cause unknown .....??? Hope it stays on now ....amazing wwe miss and can't cope without ....it was candles and a flask last night ....
Hope both you and your wife are having a pleasant weekend .....
Chat soon....hope you can tell me a secret soon ....I won't tell promise ;) ..... Best wishes Kat x
hi we'll it's been very slow,the family around for Sunday dinner,they leave home to do there own thing,but still like Sunday dinner,we'll I have a busy week,I have the first diabetas clinic Tuesday,I have been home now since the end of July and this is the first one,I have had contact with them over the phone,but it's not the same,I also have a brain clinic on we'd but that's just a follow up,they told me I had t2 here's the insulin here's some books,we will see you in clinic,I have been given no figures to work on and I shall be happy to get some proper help busy with the dishes more later take care

K

Kat100

hi we'll it's been very slow,the family around for Sunday dinner,they leave home to do there own thing,but still like Sunday dinner,we'll I have a busy week,I have the first diabetas clinic Tuesday,I have been home now since the end of July and this is the first one,I have had contact with them over the phone,but it's not the same,I also have a brain clinic on we'd but that's just a follow up,they told me I had t2 here's the insulin here's some books,we will see you in clinic,I have been given no figures to work on and I shall be happy to get some proper help busy with the dishes more later take care
Nice you enjoyed a good Sunday family lunch ....
Let us know how you get on with your appointments ....

Insulin ....my knowledge is not good as I take medication ....
Any t2 on insulin with information to share with Clarence please ???

Always keep,asking , lots of people will know ....chat soon ..Kat

Clarence

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
TV
A t2 with insulin knowledge please .....

Bump bump .....:cat:
Hi kat yes a very restfully Sunday but the grand children were over active as normal,we do like the family dinner on Sundays as they have to work in the week.to cook for five adults and two children is not easy for us,I do the veg and the wife does the other bits,while beef is not cheap these days,we do enjoy it,and for tea I did mash potatoes,French beans,pork faggots,and beans and fruit cocktail and ice cream to follow so the kids weref full and tired when they went,,don't knower what it will do to my readings today but not to worry it will sort itself I am sure, feel feel good at the moment

K

Kat100

Hi kat yes a very restfully Sunday but the grand children were over active as normal,we do like the family dinner on Sundays as they have to work in the week.to cook for five adults and two children is not easy for us,I do the veg and the wife does the other bits,while beef is not cheap these days,we do enjoy it,and for tea I did mash potatoes,French beans,pork faggots,and beans and fruit cocktail and ice cream to follow so the kids weref full and tired when they went,,don't knower what it will do to my readings today but not to worry it will sort itself I am sure, feel feel good at the moment
I love your attitude , with all you and your wife have to cope with I think it is to be admired ....
Hope you don't mind me saying that ...
Sunday lunch sounds great ....bet your children and grandchildren just love it ...
Nice to have family time ...
It is just my husband and myself ....family don't live near , so when we do,see them it is special ...
I like to make Sundays nice , a good meal , walk , newspapers , and maybe a little sleep .....
We often do,a roast on Sundays , I like a roast in autumn best , with a nice cauliflower cheese, I do love a cauliflower cheese...
Oooo yes and a fruit crumble ...I make a low sugar one .... I am a vegetarian , so my husband has the meat ....but I love all that goes with it. :cat:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Clarence, and welcome!

I'm hoping someone will be along with some insulin advice too.

I love Amazon's kindle books too. Can't imagine how many miles of bookshelves I would need if they all had to find shelf space.

Thinking about your insulin question - you may get a better response if you start a new thread in the 'ask a question' section. I think more people may see it there.

Clarence

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
TV

I love Amazon's kindle books too. Can't imagine how many miles of bookshelves I would need if they all had to find shelf space.

Thinking about your insulin question - you may get a better response if you start a new thread in the 'ask a question' section. I think more people may see it there.
Hi yes it would be nice to go for a walk,not been able to do that for about two years,and lost the car in May so stuck,anyway had a funny thing happen last evening,I was getting supper just a few crackers and all of a sudden felt very tired,I was asleep on my feet it did not matter how hard I tried I could not stay awake,I sat down and was asleep within seconds,it lasted a few seconds I have never felt so tired,anyway after about 20minutes I began to wake up and felt ok,don't knower if it was the diabetas or the brain thing,but I did not like it at all,everything is normal today,I was awake at 0200 as normal for my meds could not sleep so made a cup of tea sat up in bed drinking my tea and heard a owl calling in the night,he was calling for nearly half an hour,not heard or seen a owl around here for a long long time,the insulin thing well I have the very first clinic Tuesday so that will help,regards

Clarence

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
TV

Thanks will look have my first clinic Tuesday so might be ok,I have a lot to ask regards

Clarence

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
TV
I love your attitude , with all you and your wife have to cope with I think it is to be admired ....
Hope you don't mind me saying that ...
Sunday lunch sounds great ....bet your children and grandchildren just love it ...
Nice to have family time ...
It is just my husband and myself ....family don't live near , so when we do,see them it is special ...
I like to make Sundays nice , a good meal , walk , newspapers , and maybe a little sleep .....
We often do,a roast on Sundays , I like a roast in autumn best , with a nice cauliflower cheese, I do love a cauliflower cheese...
Oooo yes and a fruit crumble ...I make a low sugar one .... I am a vegetarian , so my husband has the meat ....but I love all that goes with it. :cat:
Hi kat not very well and down a bit at the moment,but I will text soon as I feel better regards