Out of date test strips

TuTusweet

I've just realised A full tub of AccuChek strips are a month out of date. ARRRRGGGGHHH.
Does it really matter? They have lousy consistency at the best of times I've read---Plus or minus up to 30 per cent I've read.

If being out of date harms them who knows they may turn out to give accurate readings.

Do any of you have experience of this please.

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I dont know specifically about AccuChek as I have a Caresens II but most things are fine to use if they are past their use by date. If you have a tub that isnt expired you could do a few checks out of both tubs to see if they give the same reading.

Kerimassarin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I used my Contour test strips when they were a month out of date. I was halfway through the tub when I realised... then put in a prescription for some more. They were fine for me though, the readings were accurate and none were out of the ordinary for me

Biggles225

Outdated Accuchek Strips

All you need to do is to change the date on your meter! I find the Accucheck matches with my blood tests within 2 %. Drop Accucheck an email if you're worried about consistency, I've not found it so.