Oxford Martin school sticks the knife in again

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-47057341
Aunty Beeb falls for the hard sell yet again, I note that the spokesperson claims meat production has increased fivefold recently, but the graphs do not support that claim. and the largest consumers actually reduced consumption. So who is eating all that lovurlly meat? The pets, of course, Case of the knives tripping over their own forks, I see the FAO is being trotted out yet again.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
What twaddle! Where (again) is the evidence that red meat causes heart disease and/or cancers?
I agree, the graphs I have seen show different results. No wonder many people are switched off by the media's constant flip flopping on data.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
To my simple mind it is evidence in writing that the BBC is biassed, They comissioned the Oxford Martin school to talk about meat knowing full well what their agenda is having interviewed them many times this year already, So it was a deliberate move by the Beeb to give them a mouthpiece without any attempt to give their news reporting any semblance of balance. Now we know, and we also know not to trust the OurWorldinData company engaged by the Martin School.

Reactions: Guzzler