Pain and blood sugar levels

sugarmog

I know that stress can have a negative effect on blood sugar levels, but what about pain?. I've had quite severe pain from my neck all weekend after some osteopathy treatment. Not particularly stressed about it, in fact I used it as an excuse just to sit quietly and read a good book. However my blood sugar levels have been a bit higher than I would expect. My fasting level this morning was 6.1, when I would usually see a high 4 or low 5. Is there something about the way the body responds to pain that increases blood sugar.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I know that stress can have a negative effect on blood sugar levels, but what about pain?. I've had quite severe pain from my neck all weekend after some osteopathy treatment. Not particularly stressed about it, in fact I used it as an excuse just to sit quietly and read a good book. However my blood sugar levels have been a bit higher than I would expect. My fasting level this morning was 6.1, when I would usually see a high 4 or low 5. Is there something about the way the body responds to pain that increases blood sugar.

Sitting quietly and reading a book cannot be ruled out in keeping the blood sugar figures up.

Beshlie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This could possibly explain why I've had some spikes after eating salad over the last week then? My fibromyalgia has been flaring up quite badly in my back:(.