Pain in feet

Maddiemo1

Im having pain in my feet, doctor said it is gout. I read on line today that you can have pain in feet being prediabetic. Is there anyone else with this problem?

BaliRob

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Noisy dogs and loud music especially low-note drumming
As a diabetic one can have intermittant pains in the legs, feet, ankles and toes. Also, hands, fingers, neck and especially joints. They come and go which makes it hard to determine the cause. A sufferer using statins will be told by many that they are responsible for all manner of muscle aches and pains including joints. As for your feet - a couple of friends of mine had gout for a number of years but their pain was in the big toe. Not an expert but I believe a certain blood test can determine gout's presence or otherwise. In so many cases the pain will not be constant but nevertherless not pleasant at the time. Hope this is of reassurance.

BaliRob

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Noisy dogs and loud music especially low-note drumming
Intermittent - sorry blurred eyesight also ha ha ha

TUI

Maddiemo1 said:
Im having pain in my feet, doctor said it is gout. I read on line today that you can have pain in feet being prediabetic. Is there anyone else with this problem?

Yes I had some pain where you felt you had to bend and stretch your feet all the time, this was before it was diagnosed. When I went on statins got much worse but has now improved a great deal

robertconroy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Statins are known to cause high blood sugar, diabetes, and peripheral neuropathy and cognitive problems, in the extreme Transcient Global Amnesia, you forget everything - who you are, what you do, where you live, your spouse, kids, everything. That s is why I don't like flying on a plane if the pilot is on a statin drug...

TUI

robertconroy said:
Statins are known to cause high blood sugar, diabetes, and peripheral neuropathy and cognitive problems, in the extreme Transcient Global Amnesia, you forget everything - who you are, what you do, where you live, your spouse, kids, everything. That s is why I don't like flying on a plane if the pilot is on a statin drug...

I can see I am going to have to investigate statins and maybe come off them.

Fraddycat

When my doc increased my statins to 80mg I got terrible cramps in my feet and calves, I reduced back down to 40mg and it eased up. I have been getting cramp again today in my toes and it makes me want to stop them altogether. I will talk to my DSN next week.

stevvie1

Watch out for charcot joint in mid-foot. GP's have been known to mis-diagnose it as gout if they haven't experienced it before.

Superchip

Dislikes
GP's, Diabetes Nurses.Crazy NHS guidelines on diet for Diabetics, they are seeing off millions.
Cheap Whisky !
If you are taking statins , they are doing nobody any good on any front, except to line the pockets of the phatmas ( intentional spelling ) and gp's etc. There is now some emerging evidence that they are actually contributing to heart problems ! I am in the process of collecting and collating that info, so will post when completed.

I am 18 years post total heart transplant and will not touch them with a bargepole, except for 2 years early on when I didn't know any better. Suffered the same pains as other posters on here. Not much point in discussing with the medics, they are paid to keep you on the flaming things !

If they affect your muscles, then it seems to me that your heart is a great big muscle ( not rocket science is it ? )

robertconroy - ref pilots on statins - **** good point !

Be lucky and happy...............Superchip