PAIN IN FOOT AFTER FALLING

andreaabbott1

I posted in the type 2 thread about the issues my husband is having, with major pain in his right leg to the point it hurts to even touch it, firstly we thought it was sciatica but an MRI has shown it isnt
over 4 mths the muscle in the leg has actually wasted away there are no reflexes in the leg either
to walk at all he has to keep his knee locked and frequently falls
yesterday he fell and said he has broke his toe
there is no outward sign of swelling or bruising but his foot kept him awake all night
the pain is behind the underside of his toe and goes into the ball of his foot every few minutes a really hot shooting pain goes down the toe into the ball of the foot and makes him wince with the pain

he is on tramadol and pregabalin

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Well, the way to diagnose a broken bone is x-ray. I'm pretty sure a broken toe would be swollen and bruised, but if he wants it diagnosed he'll have to go to have it x-rayed I think.

You say it's not sciatica, but I thought the MRI showed a pinched nerve, which I thought was basically the same thing?

What's the next step in the process of getting diagnosis and treatment of the main issues with his leg? Is he willing to use a walking frame to prevent falls yet?

andreaabbott1

Well, the way to diagnose a broken bone is x-ray. I'm pretty sure a broken toe would be swollen and bruised, but if he wants it diagnosed he'll have to go to have it x-rayed I think.

You say it's not sciatica, but I thought the MRI showed a pinched nerve, which I thought was basically the same thing?

What's the next step in the process of getting diagnosis and treatment of the main issues with his leg? Is he willing to use a walking frame to prevent falls yet?
he is using a stick, GP said its not sciatica as its only a slight pinched nerve on the left hand side while all his problems are on the right leg

there is no swelling or bruising at all of the foot
he cut his knee but hasnt complained about any pain from that at all

he says he has had no problems with his feet but he has, because he has moaned for the last 2 weeks about how much wearing socks hurt, that they feel tight and are restricting the flow to his feet, his socks are so loose they fall down!!
so now he wont wear socks because he is convinced they hurt him
I am going to ring for his blood results soon, see what they are