1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Pain in legs

Discussion in 'Other Health Conditions and Diabetes' started by amylou26, Oct 20, 2020.

1. amylou26

amylou26 · Newbie

Hiya all, just a quick question. Does anyone else get shooting pains and weird feelings in there legs of a night time? Some time through day also. Thank you

2. LaoDan

LaoDan Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I used to have leg pain, more of an ache, or the feeling of inflammation. I fixed it by getting my blood glucose levels down, and I started the 100 squats a day challenge. Tough at first, I could only do 20 at a time, but after a few months, I could feel I had much better circulation and no more pain. I’m still doing squats today

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. MrsA2

MrsA2 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I had all sorts of weird sensations in the early days of low carb but cramps and things can be a sign of low minerals, especially magnesium and salt

• Like Like x 2
  4. amylou26

amylou26 · Newbie

Thank you both so much I will try both x

5. SilverK

SilverK · Well-Known Member

Magnesium is great, so are taurine supplements. There’s an essential oil type mix, (- I’ll find a photo) which is really good when nothing else works. You massage a few drops in ....

6. SilverK

SilverK · Well-Known Member

IMG_3068.jpg

Seriously, it really works!

• Like Like x 1
  7. amylou26

amylou26 · Newbie

Thank you slivers I will give it a go x

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook