Pancreas removal

Morganator

I saw my consultant today who told me that I have brittle diabetes. He is going to consult with a pancreatic surgeon about getting my calcifying pancreas removed completely. Has anyone on the forum had this op and if so did it help with their control?
Obviously I don't want major surgery but if it means removing the pain and vomiting and having a reasonably normal diabetic life it has to be considered.

eveshamgal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Omg I didn't even know this existed. I can't offer any words of experience but I wish you all the best with your treatment x

They can do wonders with key hole surgery these days so it might not be as major surgery as you think.

Good luck x x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Morganator

eveshamgal said:
Omg I didn't even know this existed. I can't offer any words of experience but I wish you all the best with your treatment x

They can do wonders with key hole surgery these days so it might not be as major surgery as you think.

Good luck x x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
Thanks for the good wishes, consultant reckons on a week in High Dependency and then 10 days on general ward if I'm lucky. Still think of all the sleep I could have :)