Passion's II. Films

Fallenstar

I'm not a great film buff or watcher, but with the passions for music thread. I was wondering what your all time favorite films are....the ones you could watch over again.

We were on about this the other night...I love "One flew over the Cuckoo's nest", love Jack Nicholson.

Also "The Shining" with Jack Nicholson is one of my all time favorites, I love a lot of Stanley Kubrick's work.

"Midnight Cowboy" is such a good film with Jolie's dad..and Dustin Hoffman.

I love anything with Peter Sellers...I could just watch him all day, for him.

I'm not that up on a lot of today's films a lot of the Stuff from Hollywood makes me glaze over just seeing the trailers a lot of the time.Like I say I'm not really a film buff, so any good recent good ones get them down.

I get dragged to the pictures now to see a lot of these appalling kids films...Nanny Mc Fee (oh dear) and Horrid Henry (oh no) and all that rubbish :mrgreen: But I have to say "Coraline" is a beautiful little animation I watch over and over with my Daughter..I love the button eyes!

byte83

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Moulan rouge and Titan A.E. , are my all time favourites. I like films in general, love going to pics with friends and family makes good day out.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
I love Thelma and Louise :)
Second comes 2001

didie

Dislikes
People who think they are always right and ram their opinions down your throat. No-one knows everything. Those who shout loudest are usually the ones who actually know the least.
'Lord of the Rings' with 'The Two Towers' being my favourite. I've been to new Zealand 4 times and have visited the fantastic locations where the trilogy was filmed.

I also love 'Pandora and the Flying Dutchman'.

'Signs' (the only film I like Mel Gibson in) and 'Invasion' (I think I am the only person who liked this film) are great 'ironing' films.

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
I have to confess to sitting down at 12 noon last Saturday (I never watch daytime TV) to watch Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers in Swing Time :oops:

I remember one Christmas, many years ago, when the BBC showed all the Fred Astaire films over the holiday. Bliss! There's someone inside me who can dance like that, trying to get out! :lol: As Ginger said - "I do everything he does, only backwards in high heels". She's such a great dancer.

I can watch 'Chariots of Fire' over and over again. Also some of the Star Trek films. Also Lord of the RIngs.

Viv 8)

Helenababe

I love films and there are so many I like. I love psychological thrillers and comedy. I used to love horror movies and saw most of them, but since being a diabetic, I seem to have lost my nerve and can't watch them.

But one of the movie's that left an impression on me was 'The Shawshank Redemption'. Great movie.

Helena.

byte83

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I maybe a young un' but I also like the star trek films, Logan's run (now out on dvd well worth £8), planet of the apes (all of the originals) and of course Star Wars classic trilogy.
Helena I also liked the shawshank redemption, boy in stripped pyjamas was another that left an inpression on me.

didie

Dislikes
People who think they are always right and ram their opinions down your throat. No-one knows everything. Those who shout loudest are usually the ones who actually know the least.
Logan's Run is a great film. They are going to do a remake with Ryan Gosling slated to play Logan. I think he'd be good, but I don't like remakes as a rule.

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
Hmm..I have a few favourites.

The Italian Job (the original and best :D )
This Happy Breed ( I love the old English films, this is the story of an ordinary English family between the 1st and 2nd World wars)
Cinema Paradiso (An Italian film)
In the heat of the night (Sidney Poitier-excellent)
Shawshank Redemption (no explanation needed)

and finally..ahem..The Great St Trinians Train Robbery! (George Cole, Frankie Howerd ect). I used to watch this with my kids as it is repeated so often and they loved it. It still makes me smile...good memories :)

WhitbyJet

Oh I love all the black and white movies, love the third man, films starring Ingrid Bergman, hehehe I love Mrs Doubtfire and Stuart Little and Dr Zhivago and Zorba the Greek. Love Story and Ghost. Borat and films starring Rowan Atkinson and John Cleese. East is East, but please do not think that I am racist.

Terminator 2

'Fargo' springs to mind as does 'Twelve Angry Men' and more recently 'Kick-Ass''

Call me old fashioned but old black and whites do it for me more than modern day films.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
I forgot to say Ghost - you just reminded me. It moves me to tears every time I see it :cry:

Helenababe

The movie from the old series 'The Fugitive' with the lovely Tommy Lee Jones.

And the 'Crocodile Dundee' films.

Helena.

BJL1960

Dislikes
Liverpool fc
Interesting to read about the movies you would watch again, my top 5 are:

The life of Brian
Blues brothers (original)
The good, the bad and the ugly
The green mile
Schindlers list.

I don't get much of a chance to get to the cinema, as i work nights, but i have a lot of dvd's, some i watch again, and others i'm sorry i bought.

Terminator 2

ladybird64 said:
Hmm..I have a few favourites.

The Italian Job (the original and best :D )
This Happy Breed ( I love the old English films, this is the story of an ordinary English family between the 1st and 2nd World wars)
Cinema Paradiso (An Italian film)
In the heat of the night (Sidney Poitier-excellent)
Shawshank Redemption (no explanation needed)

and finally..ahem..The Great St Trinians Train Robbery! (George Cole, Frankie Howerd ect). I used to watch this with my kids as it is repeated so often and they loved it. It still makes me smile...good memories :)

I was reading through your films and 'This Happy Breed' caught my eye, had a nosy on the IMDB and it read good, my kind of film and I couldn't recall having saw it, went of on a search thinking a couple of quid for it being old, think again, £15.99, 12.99, 10.99, the cheapest I spotted was £7.99, you get Blu-rays for that kind of money :shock: