PCV, HGV driving and blood test meters

If you hold a pcv or hgv licence the DVLA require you to provide 3 months worth of meter readings for your medical.
I have an optium xceed meter which holds 450 readings in it's memory, the problem is that the DVLA say you should test your blood sugars every 2 hours whilst driving. If, like me you work 12 hour shifts then this equates to 10 test in a day and therefore you cannot have 3 months worth of readings.
Solution seems to be go for a meter that has a greater memory capacity.
Hope this helps anyone in this situation.

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
I have GlucoRX meter. After each month, I connect meter to laptop and create a file which I save. I can't delete individual readings from my meter but once full, you can erase all data and start again. As long as you keep all downloaded files, my consultant was OK with this.

pav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use the Bayer contour next usb which stores 2000 results. It uses a rechargeable battery which can be charged through a PC or a free mains charger which you can order when you register the meter.

angieG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I hold group 2 licences and my Consultant requires to be able to download 3 months worth of readings so downloading a month's worth for my records at a time is not an option.
If anything happens and you hold a group 2 licence 3 months worth of readings need to be available on your machine.
When I was diagnosed type 1 my DSN gave me an Accucheck Mobile as that stores 90 days and they can download it with their software.
Hope this helps
Angie

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
I hold group 2 license too and my consultant is fine with me providing downloaded monthly readings.
Maybe check with yours first !

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App