1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

PCV, HGV driving and blood test meters

Discussion in 'Driving and DVLA' started by hodgepodge2109, May 13, 2013.

1. hodgepodge2109

hodgepodge2109 · Newbie

If you hold a pcv or hgv licence the DVLA require you to provide 3 months worth of meter readings for your medical.
    I have an optium xceed meter which holds 450 readings in it's memory, the problem is that the DVLA say you should test your blood sugars every 2 hours whilst driving. If, like me you work 12 hour shifts then this equates to 10 test in a day and therefore you cannot have 3 months worth of readings.
    Solution seems to be go for a meter that has a greater memory capacity.
    Hope this helps anyone in this situation.

2. mo1905

mo1905 Type 1 · BANNED

I have GlucoRX meter. After each month, I connect meter to laptop and create a file which I save. I can't delete individual readings from my meter but once full, you can erase all data and start again. As long as you keep all downloaded files, my consultant was OK with this.

3. pav

pav Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I use the Bayer contour next usb which stores 2000 results. It uses a rechargeable battery which can be charged through a PC or a free mains charger which you can order when you register the meter.

4. angieG

angieG Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I hold group 2 licences and my Consultant requires to be able to download 3 months worth of readings so downloading a month's worth for my records at a time is not an option.
    If anything happens and you hold a group 2 licence 3 months worth of readings need to be available on your machine.
    When I was diagnosed type 1 my DSN gave me an Accucheck Mobile as that stores 90 days and they can download it with their software.
    Hope this helps
    Angie

5. mo1905

mo1905 Type 1 · BANNED

I hold group 2 license too and my consultant is fine with me providing downloaded monthly readings.
    Maybe check with yours first !

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook