Pill in the morning prevented type 2

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
I was intrigued when I saw this as I had read about it a while ago elsewhere, the ACT Now study utilising Pioglitazone. It was started some time in 2004 and the length of time people were trialled on it was at it's longest 4 yrs.

My thought is why has it appeared now as if it is something new.........could it be the Drug Company Takeda Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd makers of Actos (Pioglitazone) who actually sponsored the study wanted to promote their drug by releasing this article to get more interest ? Am I a cynic or what........ :wink:

Not much digging led to this dated June 12 2008. Reported at an ADA Scientific Session in San Francisco on June 9th of that year.........

SAN FRANCISCO (June 11, 2008)—In a research study of hundreds of patients facing the prospect of developing type 2 diabetes, the oral drug pioglitazone (brand name: Actos®) reduced the rate of conversion to the disease by 81 percent in the active therapy group compared to those taking a placebo, the study leader, Ralph A. DeFronzo, M.D., reported June 9 during the 68th Scientific Sessions of the American Diabetes Association in San Francisco.

http://www.uthscsa.edu/hscnews/singlefo ... newID=2773

This 'NEW' article appears to be much the same.....a re-hash of old news...... :wink: