Pip & Nut Almond butter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rach612

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Would someone mind helping me with this please. See for carb counting for this for 15g do I add the carb, sugar, fibre and salt together or is it carb of which sugar? I looked at the product on the Tesco website and I’m even more confused. Say if I just wanted 5g I’m trying to work out is it too high carb which I think it is as over 5 for 100g.

Attachments

• B0B766BD-8505-4557-B968-36E563070827.jpeg
    B0B766BD-8505-4557-B968-36E563070827.jpeg
    830.2 KB · Views: 121

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Would someone mind helping me with this please. See for carb counting for this for 15g do I add the carb, sugar, fibre and salt together or is it carb of which sugar? I looked at the product on the Tesco website and I’m even more confused. Say if I just wanted 5g I’m trying to work out is it too high carb which I think it is as over 5 for 100g.

Per 15g serving the carb content is 0.9g. For carb counting using a UK label you want the total carbs (not the ‘of which sugars).

It is in the US where fibre is included in the carb total and needs to be deducted to get ‘net’ carbs.

Salt has nothing to do with carbohydrate content.

Your final question appears to be the percentage of the food that is carbohydrates. That’s 5.9% as tar total carbs are 5.9g/100g.

Rach612

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks so much. I wasn’t sure if the sugar was including in the carb count or listed separately and I’d need to add it. I need to do total carbs so I always add the fibre to my carb count even in veg as I seem to be very carb sensitive unfortunately. Don’t think it’s for me then too carby even for a small portion. Yesterday I had a beef sirloin steak 227g ate it all as was my birthday 41.5g fat adding both fats together 49g protein 5g salted golden cow butter and 55g broccoli so total carbs 3.2g 51.4 protein and 50.2 fat went for a half and hour brisk walk got 4.1 at 1 hour on my tee2 at 2 hours 4.6 tee2+ went out shopping needed to change dexcom before the lunch not ideal and when it came at 5.30pm it was 5.4. I like to keep under 5.0 at all times.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks so much. I wasn’t sure if the sugar was including in the carb count or listed separately and I’d need to add it. I need to do total carbs so I always add the fibre to my carb count even in veg as I seem to be very carb sensitive unfortunately. Don’t think it’s for me then too carby even for a small portion. Yesterday I had a beef sirloin steak 227g ate it all as was my birthday 41.5g fat adding both fats together 49g protein 5g salted golden cow butter and 55g broccoli so total carbs 3.2g 51.4 protein and 50.2 fat went for a half and hour brisk walk got 4.1 at 1 hour on my tee2 at 2 hours 4.6 tee2+ went out shopping needed to change dexcom before the lunch not ideal and when it came at 5.30pm it was 5.4. I like to keep under 5.0 at all times.

Unless you’ve been directed to do so by a suitably qualified endocrinologist, there is absolutely no need to keep your blood glucose below 5 at all times. Your self-imposed targets are likely to be harming you by causing you to under eat and depriving your body of the nutrients it needs.

You are posting for medical advice on a diabetes forum where none of us are able to provide medical advice to anyone, let alone someone without diabetes. I strongly urge you to see professional advice as the help you need goes far beyond the scope of a user-based diabetes forum.

This thread will now be locked for further comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.