pizza query

diabetic_tigs

Hiya,
Ive recently started carb counting and am getting on fairly ok. Im away at the boyfriends at the moment and he doesnt have any scales.. im going to be eating a 10 inch cheese pizza, but have no idea how many carbs it has, ive looked online and found various answers but not sure which to trust. My ratio is 1.5 units per 10g of carbs and at the moment Im looking at injecting about 17 units, which seems a little bit much?
:)

MegaMan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not much I'm easy going :D
In my carb counting book it says Cheese deep pan (Tesco) for 1/2 the pizza is 455g of carbs

Pizza has a massive amount of carbs in :mrgreen:

Hope that helps

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
MegaMan said:
In my carb counting book it says Cheese deep pan (Tesco) for 1/2 the pizza is 455g of carbs

Pizza has a massive amount of carbs in :mrgreen:

Hope that helps

Not quite Megaman, the figure you quote is for half a Pizza.. but the 455g is the weight of the half..

The actual carb count for this is shown as 29.8g carbs per 100g weight. Therefore the calculation is as follows:
29.8 / 100 x 455 = 135.59g carbs per 1/2 Pizza.........a bit different but still Mega High !! :shock:

Source: Calorie Carb & Fat Bible 2010

MegaMan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not much I'm easy going :D
I stand corrected. I was looking in the same book but didn't look at the carb bit :lol: still glad it's sorted anyway.

diabetic_tigs

Thank you for both replies :D
In the end I worked out I needed 3 units per slice. Seemed like a lot but sooo worth it every once in a while :D