Pizza

Napolyon1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I went out last night and ate a couple of slices of pizza. Have I commit a great sin?

hallii

It is, as always, up to you what you eat. You know it's not the best thing to eat, but did you test two hours afterwards?

Sometimes (depending on size and how much beer you drank as well, yes we know you drank beer and there is no point in denying it!)
you can "get away with it". For me two pints of beer and about 12 chips and I am about 7.5 two hours on so I am OK with that.

The point is, don't make a habit of it, and always test, it is to easy to shove your head in the sand and not test after a little treat.
Good or bad, you need to know.

For me pizza has to many carbs in it, it's the flour, but if it's just a small slice I could probably mamage it, but I don't bother, I would rather have the salad bar and a small amount of wholemeal pasta.

Did your pizza have all the trimmings? If your going to be naughty you might as well do it in style!

H

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
You can control blood glucose either by medication, diet or a combination of both. Which you choose is entirely up to you. the only thing that should affect your personal choice is that you know your personal pluses and minuses to evaluate them.
Hana

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A little sin is easily forgiven. He who throws the first stone and all that.

As long as you are in full control.

“When the moon hits your eye like 2 slices of pizza pie, that's amore”

Roy, :)

Vampix

Deep pan or thin n crispy, that is the question.

We often make our own here, bearing in mind the carbs etc we are putting into it. We make something that the whole family like, pretty low in fat, thinnish base so lower than a standard pizza carb-wise. It's also a good education for my lad in preparing his own foods to suit his Diabetes, and his taste. When done right, it's better than Domino's etc, and healthier too.

As mentioned, the key is moderation. A varied dietry intake with an eye on the carbs makes for a decent plan.

Pizza is an oven-baked, flat, round bread typically topped with a tomato sauce, cheese and various toppings. Pizza was originally invented in Naples, Italy, and the dish has since become popular in many parts of the world. An establishment that makes and sells pizzas is called a "pizzeria". Many varieties of pizza exist worldwide, along with several dish variants based upon pizza. In 2009, upon Italy's request, Neapolitan pizza was safeguarded in the European Union as a Traditional Specialty Guaranteed dish. Some mass produced pizzas by food chains have been criticized as having an unhealthy balance of ingredients. Some studies have linked consumption of the antioxidant lycopene, which exists in tomato products that are often used on pizza, as having a beneficial health effect.