Please help............

Newbie1210

Hello,

After experiencing the worst couple of months of my lfe, I cannot see how I can cope with this anymore.

I posted in Dec, when it was thought to be type 2. I just about got my head around that and was told I have type 1. I have not been able to post until now because I could not bring myself to do it. This is hard for me as I sit even now with tears streaming. My only hope is that things don't get any worse. I even researched into a cure for this, but am too scared to take part in a peptide trial that the NHS are doing for newly diagnosed - fear of the risks etc.

I feel I am being punished. I can't cope with remembering everything and I'm finding it difficult to be organised. I'm not sleeping well, desperately trying to keep my weight on, life is very hard - I don't recognise myself anymore. The doctor/nurse just gave the info and off I go...

Please help,

Newbie1210

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Being Type 2 I can't help you much, Newbie1210, except to say that we're all here for you, and maybe some of the people who have been through a similar experience (you are not the only one by a long way) will be along soon to give you better-informed help and support than I can.

But you are not alone - keep posting with all your questions/problems.

And big hugs from me :D

Viv 8)

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
Hello Newbie

So sorry to hear you are feeling like this-you know lots of people struggle at first don't you?

As Viv says there are lots of here that will support you in whatever way we can, there are also some very helpful mods who I know are type 1 as well as a great T1 forum.

Try not to be frightened, just ask about whatever is worrying you eh?

Take care

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hi newbie
Its understandable to go through a period of mourning, because thats what it is. And fear of the future and the unknown.
But stick around and get educated, read read read. This forum is great and you wont be alone. Loads of good people to offer advice.
Lots of hugs honey.

A

Anonymous

It's ok to feel sad about it since you do have to make some adjustments to be able to live with it. Key words here are "able to live with" - it takes some effort but it's totally doable!
Big hug!

elmacri

Its really important to just ask any questions no matter how silly or ridiculous they seem. Everyone has had to start at the begining and we all still need help from time to time. I don´t think there will be anyone here who wouldn´t want to help. :wink:
Take one step at a time and make sure you look into the type 1 page on here. There you will find all sorts to help.
There is also a great recipe section on here if you are stuck with what to eat.
we are all here for you. :D

marti

we are here for you this board is great have any questions please ask, please don't give up there is hope