Pocket sized monitor?

cocacola

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
celery, not eating chocolate
A friends father has been type 2 for some time. He is on Glictizide and Metformin. He has episodes of sweating and feeling faint when out shopping.
He tends to opt for a MuckDonalds when he feels sweaty and faint and then feels okay again.

Just wondering if there is small pocket sized monitor that he carry around with him. Something that has finger pricker, strips and monitor all in one?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

ChrisOT61

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have the accu chek mobile. It's all in one and you can get a free carrycase with it as well. It's small enough to carry round and so easy to use.
Chris x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
mendo discreet is an all in one, smaller than the accuchek

personally i hate it, but suits some people

pav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have had the Mendor discreet and the Accu Chek mobile. The mendor was not for me the inbuilt lancing device was fiddly to use, weak and change the lancets was awkward (only has the capacity to hold one lancet), having big fingers makes it worse. Changing the test strip cassette (25 tests on a cartridge) was awkward as the cover release switch did not fully release the clear case (had to twist mine slightly) and you still had to dispose of the used test strip after.

The Accu Chek mobile is what I would say is an all in one meter, the lancing device use a cartridge containing 6 lancets, the 50 test strips are on a cassette that just winds on to the next test, no disposal of the used test strip (apart from the cassette when all 50 tests have been used).

The fast clix lancing device, has got to be one of the best around, it can be detached from the meter if required, I just leave it on the meter. The meter does not come supplied with a case, once you have the meter you can order one of two styles of case for free. I ordered the mobile phone style case which has a belt loop and when out and about is on the belt. Its very discreet when doing a test.

The one snag with it I do get the odd failed test where the meter reports not enough blood applied.