1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

PODCAST WITH DAISY BRACKENHALL 'KETO WOMAN'

Discussion in 'Success Stories and Testimonials' started by Debandez, May 8, 2022.

1. Debandez

Debandez Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

I will be forever grateful to all the forum members on here who guided me back to good health.

Too many to mention and I don't want to leave anyone out so will just say a MASSIVE THANK YOU to everyone. You know who you are. You do such an amazing job of helping and supporting.....and so much more....

I was diagnosed type 2 on 8th December 2017. Shocked, devastated, not knowing where to turn. I googled 2 words 'Reversing diabetes ' and it brought me to Diabetes.co.uk and this amazing forum.

I was apprehensive to start with and just lurked in the background. Listening, learning, taking (trying to) take all this vast amount of information in. There was so much it seemed. I did it in bite size pieces. When I felt more confident I started to join in. I felt like part of a very special community. Going from feeling lost and forlorn to having hope for the future. All because these wonderful people were sharing their knowledge and experience.

I never feel confident giving out info. But I am confident in sharing my own journey which I have done from (almost) day 1. This is what worked for me and what works for so many type 2 diabetics.

Here is my most recent podcast for anyone who may want a little inspiration or guidance. Sharing in the hope that it helps. It was quite a lengthy chat so (I can go on a bit!!!) it was split into 2.

Part 1

https://open.spotify.com/episode/7G...i=edX8aRXsRFuC_Aa4ifIZmQ&utm_source=copy-link

Part 2

https://open.spotify.com/episode/7G...i=edX8aRXsRFuC_Aa4ifIZmQ&utm_source=copy-link

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. shelley262

shelley262 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thank you @Debandez for sharing your story. I listened to both episodes and really enjoyed hearing your story and also how this forum helped you on the road to better health. I still remember when you first joined this forum and it’s fascinating to hear how far you have come over time. Well worth a listen - and I’ve also started listening to Daisy’s other ketowoman podcasts I like her style. Thank you for sharing your story and working on getting out the message of hope to the many type 2 diabetics out there. Can’t wait to see your new video presentation when it comes out.

• Like Like x 2
  3. marathonmona

marathonmona Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Just listened to both while walking the dog. Great podcasts

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Debandez

You were one of my guiding lights. Forever grateful. I knew nothing. Zilch. Didn't even know what a carb was! You took time to help, support, guide. I can't thank you enough. And so many others. Education is certainly key. A few tweaks to my diet and I was onto a winning formula. Never looked back.

Hoping to be recording my presentation this week. Just waiting for my photographer friend to give me the thumbs up. 70+ slides!!!!

Daisy 'Keto woman' has such a great way of interviewing - I was nervous but she made it more of a chat. I felt very relaxed. Great isn't she?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Debandez

So happy - thank you for the feedback

• Like Like x 1
  6. MrsA2

MrsA2 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

You are definitely on my list of podcasts to catch up on. These sound brilliant. I like Daisy and a lot of her other pidcasrs5

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook