Politics.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Anyone want to talk politics?
Thought it might be a good idea to make a thread in this section where it won't derail other topics.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
Poli tics ....
Poly meaing many.
Tics meaning lice.

Many blood sucking creatures.
Many parasites .....

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 11 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=j...ei=NpTOVP6fHYLuUp-Sg7AP&sqi=2&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQHow about some propaganda?
Propaganda by omission even.
Israel and Palestine are never out of the news.
So why aren't the BBC Sky The Guardian etc reporting on what millions of Jews around the world protest about on a regular basis all over the place regarding what is going on over there?
Protests about what Zionism is doing to Palestine and what affects Zionism has on world Jewry?
Military conscription of religious Jews.
Why and how do the main stream media keep this stuff from the world?
Who is making these decisions across the western worlds media?
Take a look at these pictures ... these are not one off events.

Jews against Israel.
Jews against Zionism.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=j...OVP6fHYLuUp-Sg7AP&sqi=2&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&dpr=1

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=j...ei=H5TOVKPAIMntUo3kgqAL&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAw&dpr=1

C

chris lowe

Not sure aout this one, might get a bit heated. They're all in it for what they can get out of it. As Bob Dylan once said "It's so cold where I come from the politicians keep their hands in their own pockets" if only our weather got that cold. Still only four months of party political broadcasts to go.:rolleyes:

Reactions: 4 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
It might get heated but hopefully not.
If it does the mods will have to leave the bar .....

Last edited by a moderator:

Janiept

Expert
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=j...ei=NpTOVP6fHYLuUp-Sg7AP&sqi=2&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQHow about some propaganda?
Propaganda by omission even.
Israel and Palestine are never out of the news.
So why aren't the BBC Sky The Guardian etc reporting on what millions of Jews around the world protest about on a regular basis all over the place regarding what is going on over there?
Protests about what Zionism is doing to Palestine and what affects Zionism has on world Jewry?
Military conscription of religious Jews.
Why and how do the main stream media keep this stuff from the world?
Who is making these decisions across the western worlds media?
Take a look at these pictures ... these are not one off events.

Jews against Israel.
Jews against Zionism.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=j...OVP6fHYLuUp-Sg7AP&sqi=2&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&dpr=1

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=j...ei=H5TOVKPAIMntUo3kgqAL&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAw&dpr=1
Not good at discussing this kind of thing @JACKTHELAD but enjoy reading about it. The inks you posted were fascinating and I echo your questioning why don't we hear about it on regular news.

Reactions: 2 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
Not good at discussing this kind of thing @JACKTHELAD but enjoy reading about it. The inks you posted were fascinating and I echo your questioning why don't we hear about it on regular news.
This stuff isn't new either.
Goes back ,many many years.
To me this is the ultimate proof about the media being mostly controlled as to what we can see and hear.
Someone decides obviously.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
Just before I hit the sack .... anyone want to own up to who they're voting for at the G.E.

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Well, once upon a time I voted for the Liberals. All my relatives voted Labour. I once stood as a Liberal councillor but didn't win, I was trying to beat a bigoted Labour man who was so against gay people, my gay friends asked me to stand. Exciting evening at the count, I did get votes though. Now I really don't know who to vote for at the moment, think it has to be Labour even though they seem to be so far from their roots now.
I will vote, as a woman I have to vote knowing what other women went through to get it - brave women. And I do think voting should be compulsory and easier like online voting. Politics is in everything, so folk have to be informed.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
I don't vote.
I will turn up and make a mark or a statement but I won't vote.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Having spent my childhood in poverty and been working all my life in industry, now semi retired and still paying tax and NI, I'll let you figure out who I reluctantly vote for.
Oh yeah been a member of a union for over 45 years.
At least they have rates for retired people!

My biggest beef is that whilst I have never had a day on the dole (nor the wife) when it comes to asking for help because the wife is disabled. They say no straight away!
My pension is slightly over the level that you may have to claim. We have been through all the vigorous court battles, she doesn't get a medical now cos there is no way she can do anything for more than 5 minutes.

If tax was based the same way, on the earnings of both partners or what comes into the household, then a lot more tax would be collected especially from those who should be paying more.

Benefits should apply to everyone on a fair basis. But how do you do that?
There are literally thousands of couples of my age in the same boat. I wished I had never paid for a pension it's a complete rip off!

The government are supposed to look after the disadvantaged and the poor, this government only look after the very rich and big businesses!

Didn't mean to have a rant.

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Anyone want to talk politics?
Thought it might be a good idea to make a thread in this section where it won't derail other topics.

I think politics should be absolutely kept OUT and OFF the forum. Its a sure way to inflame and spoil relations between members. Better to focus on our common interests and concerns.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
I think politics should be absolutely kept OUT and OFF the forum. Its a sure way to inflame and spoil relations between members. Better to focus on our common interests and concerns.
What are people afraid of?
This section is to talk about anything ... music football knitting.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
I don't get what people are against or afraid of.
Politics won't ignore those who ignore it.
It's not good to share knowledge views hopes frustrations?

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I will vote not because I believe any of the lies of any of the party's but mainly because I feel that if I don't then I will have no right to complain when the reigning group make a mess of things as usual.
I just wish they would stop slagging each other off and maybe take a look at the others ideas list and see if they can make use of it and make it work for us.

Reactions: 8 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
Talking about not believing anything either from the politicians or the media how about the great lie that is the Arab spring?
Here's a two minute video clip of an American general explaining what the plan in the middle east is before it happens.
Note the seven countries America have decided to take out .... last on the list being Iran.
The five year plan hasn't gone to well as it is taking a little longer than planned but watch out Iran ....

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
For those who can handle 8 minutes heres a little more detail from the general ...

C

catherinecherub

Hi @Pasha,

This thread was set up by the OP as political views were taking over this thread and people were warned about thread derailing.

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/does-being-diabetic-affect-who-youll-vote-for.71203/

It may well be that @JACKTHELAD will end up talking to himself, who knows. ;) The thread is being monitored to see that it stays on track and it will be removed if it gets too heated.
There is no right or wrong as to how people feel about politics in general, a topic that usually provides heated debate and whilst this thread may not be to everyone's liking, we will see how it goes.
The same forum rules will apply to this thread as they do to any other.

If anyone has any concerns about this thread and any post displayed on this topic then please use the report button and we will review this thread staying open.

Reactions: 4 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
Well thanx for giving it a chance Cath.
Some people like soaps I'm interested in world events and I'm really interested in how our views are manipulated by the media through lies omission etc.
Propaganda fascinates me as do people and world events.
I may well end up talking to myself because I think the majority of people aren't that interested which is a bit sad because the reality of political shinanigans I find to be the most entertaining soap going!
Trouble is it's real in it affects many lives.

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
hopefully, none of us will be so shallow as to let or political views colour our behavior on here:):cool:.
Agree or Disagree, Respect for others' opinions should prevail.