Pompholyx

carol43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have suffered every summer for well over 40 years from Pompholyx, which is blistering of the hand and feet and the resultant cracking and bleeding when they dried up. Since going lchf I haven't had any blisters. I was always told that there is nothing that can be done and just to suffer until the weather cooled down again. Now I wonder if this has anything to do with insulin resistance.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My 19 yr old daughter has it mainly on her feet, she’s not diabetic and doesn’t eat low carb. She has no rhyme or reason as to when it flares up, but strangely she said to me only yesterday that since it’s been really hot hers has disappeared.

Dexterdobe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Being unwell and seeing BG levels soar
These conditions are often food-induced, so maybe a change of diet has cut out the offending food type. Since I have been on LC my long-term asthma has gone. It's could be that the foods I have cut out were causing bronchial inflammation.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
These conditions are often food-induced, so maybe a change of diet has cut out the offending food type. Since I have been on LC my long-term asthma has gone. It's could be that the foods I have cut out were causing bronchial inflammation.

I agree with the perceived anti inflammatory effect of low carb eating, my asthma hasn’t gone but is very much better since I commenced it, also my arthritis is less of a problem, not just my weight bearing joints from weight loss either.

Dexterdobe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Being unwell and seeing BG levels soar
I agree with the perceived anti inflammatory effect of low carb eating, my asthma hasn’t gone but is very much better since I commenced it, also my arthritis is less of a problem, not just my weight bearing joints from weight loss either.
My health is much improved generally Rachox. We are what we eat and I can't see that eating carbs does us anything but harm. I wish I had realised that decades ago.