Porridge

Rapier86

Hi ,
I have diabetic type 2. I am finding my way with foods l can eat with my new diet. Foods l am sure about are porridge oats made with soya milk. Peanut butter on granary wholemeal bread. & Greek soya yoghurt with no sugar. No doubt it's a case of adjusting my meals. Thanks

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
Are you using any Metering devise to take your Glucose Levels? I do, and I know Porridge Oats is a no-no for me. I’ve also tried many breads and now I’m down to 25% Carbs bread.

Reactions: EllieM

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi ,
I have diabetic type 2. I am finding my way with foods l can eat with my new diet. Foods l am sure about are porridge oats made with soya milk. Peanut butter on granary wholemeal bread. & Greek soya yoghurt with no sugar. No doubt it's a case of adjusting my meals. Thanks
Welcome.

Can I ask why you are sure about these meals? The oats and bread are terrible for most type 2.
Tell us more about yourself and your diabetes. How long diagnosed? What medications? It effects the suggestions we make.
Have you seen the link in my signature below. Jo’s post explains how good works for a type 2 and lots more.

Reactions: EllieM

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Foods l am sure about are porridge oats made with soya milk. Peanut butter on granary wholemeal bread. & Greek soya yoghurt with no sugar.

Those are fine if your meter says they are, but if that is because your diabetic nurse told you to take them, they may not be so good. (Not many T2s on here can cope with bread or cereals). Unsweetened Greek yoghurt is usually pretty good, though. Watch the carbs, and get a blood testing meter to see how well your body can cope with them. Some people have to tweak their diets more than others.:)

Sugarlisa

I’m a type 2 and Cereal makes my numbers go up so I just stick to yogurt and blackberries or coconut porridge

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
Those are fine if your meter says they are, but if that is because your diabetic nurse told you to take them, they may not be so good.
Yeah, I’ve already asked. Waiting for a reply. I’d be lost without my meter.