Portable, self contained meters

lionrampant

Anyone know of portable meters that contain test strips (like the Compact Plus drum) and integrated lancet? Preferably something that would fit in a gentleman's suit pocket. I'm fed up guestimating my BG when I'm out for dinner.

Stuboy

Dislikes
Crowds. Being high. Being Hypo.
hi,

The only meter that i know of with a drum of strips is the compact plus (the GT model is much nice than the first version). It also have a lancet device attached to the side of it. If you're one for putting test strips in a waste bin then it would be perfect.

I have one and it's by far my favorite meter, i put the used strips in the zip pocket in the case, and there's section inside the case at the bottom to put two spare drums.
Personally i carry 1 spare drum and an old drum container with the label ripped off for spare lancets.

There is another meter with a "disk" of strips, which is the bayer Breeze 2, (it's one of the meters they were giving away free on this site actually). Although this meter does have strips inside, and is smaller in size than the compact plus, it does not have a lancet device attached to the meter, it has a rather odd shaped seperate lancet deveice, which also in my personal opinion is not as painless as the softclix you get with the compact plus. The build quality of the breeze 2 is also not great, it feels plasticy and cheap. The Compact plus GT on the other hand feels sterdy and strong, good build quality there and to be honest, looks 10% better than the breeze 2 dispite it's larger size.

That's my 2pence worth! Hope it helps.