Positive appointment

claymic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi
The DSN just left my house and for a long time I feel quite positive about tackling my diabetes. There was never any doubt that the next step should be insulin and that is upsetting. I told her I was trying to get some control back of my eating etc. She actually asked if I felt like it was the right time to start my insulin journey. I told her that with work on the kitchen starting next week for the following three weeks and then going on holiday life is hectic. So she was like well why don't we wait till you come back. I really appreciated that. I told her about trying to low carb but struggling as battling eating disorder. She did not dismiss low carb but she did say that no amount of low carb will drop my bs to a good level. Best of all she saw i was getting upset because I feel a failure and ashamed of my diabetes and she said magic words..... this is not your fault.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 6 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Enjoy your holiday Claymic, and also enjoy your new kitchen when it's all done.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
It's so nice to hear of a positive appointment :) because so many can be so negative and unhelpful to the person concerned. Good luck and best wishes.