Possible Diabetes

angel1980

Hi
I am just looking for some advice re my two and a half year old son. First of all I must say I am taking him to the gp tomorrow but I was just looking for some expert advice and opinions from elsewhere.
Over the past week or so he has begun drinking practically non-stop, weeing all the time, complaining of a tummy ache and is tired and grumpy/ shouty (more than usual for a 2.5 year old!) He hasn't got a cold or flu that may explain the increase in fluid intake/ mood swings.

For me it sounds like possible diabetes tho I'm sure I may just be a worrying mummy. If I present these symptoms to my gp will he test for diabetes??

I am extra concerned/ worried as my son had renal pelvic dialation that was diagnosed before birth, he was induced and operated on to remove a blockage but there was already damage done to his kidneys/ bladder - the extent of which we won't fully know until he is older.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Jen

Trinkwasser

angel1980 said:
Hi
I am just looking for some advice re my two and a half year old son. First of all I must say I am taking him to the gp tomorrow but I was just looking for some expert advice and opinions from elsewhere.
Over the past week or so he has begun drinking practically non-stop, weeing all the time, complaining of a tummy ache and is tired and grumpy/ shouty (more than usual for a 2.5 year old!) He hasn't got a cold or flu that may explain the increase in fluid intake/ mood swings.

For me it sounds like possible diabetes tho I'm sure I may just be a worrying mummy. If I present these symptoms to my gp will he test for diabetes??

I hope so! I hope he will also test for any other conditions that might be occurring. If he appears in any way lackadaisical do not pass go, take him straight to Casualty! Children can get ill frighteningly quickly and there are a number of unpleasant bugs around at the moment but if you're fobbed off with "probably the flu" without so much as a BG test then get an immediate second opinion