Potential Pump User

daisynova

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi all,

I am new on here and hope you are able to help me. I am British but at the moment I live in Amsterdam. My healthcare team here are concerned that after my recent pregnancy, my HBa1C went from 6.5 to 9.1 in a few months. To make matters worse I also have proliterative diabetic retinopathy and macular oedema which only appeared during my pregnancy and advanced at an alarming rate. Unfortunately my eye doctor has kicked me out of his clinic and I am now trying to get private treatment in the UK.

Anyway, my team are thinking of putting me on a pump now after I suggested it. I am fed up of my 5+ injections every day and never getting good control over my sugars. They have given me some leaflets but these are in Dutch and my Dutch isn't that good!

Can anyone tell me the benefits and cons of having the Paradigm pump? How does it affect their day to day life? Does it get in the way? All the usual questions.

Thanks for any help that you can give me.

Stuboy

Dislikes
Crowds. Being high. Being Hypo.
Hello,

Welcome to the forum first of all!

Im hoping to get a pump myself... although im not pregnant... i am a man after all lol.

If you want to find out the benfits of pumping, then you might want to check out www.insulin-pumpers.org.uk

you could also check out this website, where you can view (after registering, they dont send you tons of junk and spam...) the webcast which talks about pumps and their benefits.
Diabetes Live

Hope that helps!