Pregnancy and diabetes - want to help with some new resources?

TommyHC

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi everyone.
I work for the national baby charity, Tommy's (www.tommys.org) and I am currently working on the development of some national resources for women who have diabetes in pregnancy, both those with pre-existing diabetes, and those diagnosed with gestational diabetes.
I am looking for some help from the community on two things at this stage:

1. I am interested in hearing from anyone who is either currently pregnant and has been diagnosed with GDM, or who has been pregnant within the last year and was diagnosed with GDM to sit on our advisory group.
2. I am interested in hearing from anyone who has Type 2 diabetes and is either pregnant or has been pregnant within the last year to sit on our advisory group.

I already have ladies with Type I involved so I am not looking for anymore Type I's at this stage.

Our advisory groups are virtual groups that consist of academics, health professionals, pregnant/recently pregnant women, and wider family (where relevant). We converse by email or phone as people are often based all over the UK. The aim of the group is to assist us in making sure we cover all elements of the topic we are working on and to make them appealing and accessible to women - so factual correctness, scientific rigour, perspectives from every day women, accessibility etc. Each person on the group adds their own expertise whether its science, professional practice, everyday life experiences or general opinion! Everyone's voice is equally valid.

Unfortunately being a charity we don't have funds to pay, other than to cover any expenses should they occur. However we do provide a small token of our thanks at the end of the project and we do acknowledge your assistance within the resources, which are distributed nationally and we hope we forge long lasting friendships with Tommy's!

This project will run until March 2015 at the latest. Your assistance would be required to help with:
- content ideas of the resources
- reviewing written content
- feedback on look/feel/tone of resources.

We provide a detailed timeline so you know when things are likely to come your way, and we also try and provide decent turn around times - we know folk are busy!

If this is something you feel you might like to help out with please drop me an email on [email protected] by 9am Friday May 2nd.

Many thanks.

the_anticarb

Dislikes
Spiders, winter, bills, ignorance, prejudice
just saw this - I may be too late but had a baby in the past year, so pm me if you still need people