Pregnant type1 unaware i was pregnant help please

Sweetypie25

Hello there,

this is my first time on here and can see there is so much support available and would love some help.

I am 25 years old and have been diabetic since 19 years old, in all honesty I have not been the best diabetic but through the years have tried my best to improve.

I am 10 weeks pregnant but was unaware till the 7th week before this i had been on a clubbing holiday, had high sugars and a hbac1 of 10% since I have found out, My life has changed greatly I have tried my best to control sugar levels and am getting to the targets they require slowly but do have the odd peak in a day where it goes to 9-12.

I am wondering is there any one out there similar to me and how did they cope and was their baby okay?

I am trying my very best and feel this pregnancy has been a blessing in disguise for me to control my sugars as having diabetes is serious yet liveable.

At the moment I take nova rapid and levimer which is split morning and night.

I am currently suffering with hypos every night and waking with sugars round 7 which is slightly higher then should be, is there any advise anyone could give me.

I would really appreciate your comments

xxx