privalage insurance thumbs up!

whompa73

Dislikes
Chavs
Just informed insurance company of being diagnosed diabetic. They where dead friendly no update policy details charge . And said quote " we donot tell people whether or not they are safe to or ok to drive as long as dvla and you health care profecinal are happy for you to then we are glad to have you as our coustmer

Reactions: 2 people

mrtt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just informed insurance company of being diagnosed diabetic. They where dead friendly no update policy details charge . And said quote " we donot tell people whether or not they are safe to or ok to drive as long as dvla and you health care profecinal are happy for you to then we are glad to have you as our coustmer
im type 1 and biker are you saying you dont rate harley ? never had one meself just lots of jap stuff over last 40 years

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
im type 1 and biker are you saying you dont rate harley ? never had one meself just lots of jap stuff over last 40 years

Harleys are great for looking good on your driveway, posing on the high street and travelling in straight lines at 55mph.

I'm with Hastings Direct, as long as DVLA have given you a license they don't take much interest in the diabetes itself. Because its a disability, they should discriminate anyway.

mrtt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Harleys are great for looking good on your driveway, posing on the high street and travelling in straight lines at 55mph.

I'm with Hastings Direct, as long as DVLA have given you a license they don't take much interest in the diabetes itself. Because its a disability, they should discriminate anyway.
i was with hastings but cos of my one seizure,not my diabetes they gave me 28 days to find another insurer,and i got xjr 1300 sp does wot i need.nowt against harleys just not my thing

johnbear2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
conservative polititicians
I had a provisional licence being type 1,took me a year to get it,if person puts down they have 1 hypo in a year,dvla will turn down provisional licence