Catden

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people
I have Post Transplant onset Diabetes on Insulin for the past 16yrs.,

I have a horrid tummy upset at the moment & my BG is all over the place. Mainly high reading, lowest is 8.7 highest 12.9, my kidney is low function, but steady at the moment & keeping my levels low is important.
I am worried, I am eating a very little as I can & injecting, but what else can I do I really don't want to damage my kidney any more, although my nephrology levels were stead on Thursday.

I have been like this since Friday!!

Last edited by a moderator:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
You need to speak with your health care team asap, a small increase in insulin will help bring your bg levels down but if your unsure how to go about this then I'd wait until you have spoken with someone..

Catden

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people
You need to speak with your health care team asap, a small increase in insulin will help bring your bg levels down but if your unsure how to go about this then I'd wait until you have spoken with someone..
Thank you for your'e reply noblehead I did exactly that this morning, am taking the advise along with the reassurance of my nurse I have stopped panicing. Trying to maintain you remaining kidney function is not easy, especially as I haven't had problem with glugose levels for years.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I can only imagine Catden, I'm pleased you got some advice and reassurance, good luck with everything!!!!!